Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

No muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 07:40 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No muffler?

Is it illegal NOT to have a muffler? I am thinking off just taking off my muffler (Dynomax Super Turbo) and adding a pipe to replace the muffler. Wouldn't I get a really deep sound from this? Thanks.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:50 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: No muffler?

yes it is illegal in most states, no it wont sound all that great, plus with stock intake, plugs, and other components, it will probably harm the power output of your motor..... reducing the backpressure that much on a stock motor isnt all that good of an idea....

Old 03-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point

i am runnin stright pipe from the caddy back. i like the way it sounds much better then the flowmaster and everything else. and i had no power loss when i went to the strigth pipe either. here a sound clip
http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p...Picture006.flv

Old 03-15-2007, 09:15 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I actually like the sound of that straight pipe... How loud is it when you're driving around?

If it's not too bad, then I might do it... I work nights, and sometimes run my truck so tooo loud isn't good... lol

Old 03-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point

it aint to loud louder then most of the other flowmaster and everything else but not to bad

Old 03-15-2007, 09:33 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Think you could do a drive by clip running at 30MPH?

Old 03-16-2007, 12:17 AM
dmgj3 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is legal to go mufflerlessif you have a turbo...I had a noise ticket thrown out when I had my SRT-4, which is mufflerless from the line.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:28 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

It's not just straight pipes... IMO I havent heard any exhaust system, muffler, or straight pipe I necessarily think sounds "good" on the blazers. The straight pipe is alright, the flowmaster is alright, the dynomax is alright, the magnaflow is alright, (personally I think they all sound about the same)but you just aren't gonna get a great rumble out of a blazer 4.3L. I have the flowmaster 40 and im not a fan of the way it sounds. . . . but im getting rid of my blazer so theres no point in changing...lol

Old 03-16-2007, 03:05 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: speeddemon560
Wouldn't I get a really deep sound from this? Thanks.
Just swap in a LS1 with a Trex cam and true dual exhaust. You will have a good sound then.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:37 AM
BF Veteran

Shove a big block under the hood... Then you'll have rumble...

Quick Reply: No muffler?