Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Reposting from General Tech... Input again please

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 02:09 AM
Starting Member
2klt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reposting from General Tech... Input again please

I picked up a 50 Series SUV muffler from Flowmaster. Actually it IS a flowmaster and picked it up used with only about 200 miles on it. The inlet has been opened up to 3" and the outlet is still 2.5". What is the purpose for doing this? Advantages, etc... and any disadvantages too. It already has the heat sheild put onto it and the one hanger. It is 14" l. if I recall and the oem is 23" I think I measured it as. So what if any diff will that make too? Not too keen on the exhaust thing, so I would like to hear some thoughts please. Is there anything else I can do short of Big $$$ like headers etc.?
tia

Old 03-05-2006, 04:10 AM
2001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Reposting from General Tech... Input again please

well if it starts at 3 inches and it end with a 2.5 in. diameter then its more restrictive i dunno y theyd do that besides that its a common exaust pipe fitting if im not mistaken thats what blazers are stock right but the fact that the muffler is shorter i dunno what the hell that would do maybe less restriction because that is alot shorter im not a huge exhaust guy but thats just what i think tell me what u find out. if u got headers u could redo the piping all the way back and increase the piping size thats supposed to be a good performance ugrade but i dunno what it would sound like or how much hp/ torque u would gain. did u install the flowmaster yet?

Old 03-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Starting Member
2klt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Reposting from General Tech... Input again please

Have not installed it yet... probably wont' for aqhile yet either.... but I will let you know what the deal is if and when I find out. If I get any more feedback on the 3" to 2.5" I'll let you know that as well...
thanks