Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

side pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default side pipes?

I was just wondering if it is leagel to run an exhaust pipe out of the side of the truck right before the back tire. i want to put a turn out pipe coming out of the muffler. would this cause any problems with the truck or the law?

steve

Old 12-07-2007, 11:02 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: side pipes?

You can turn the exhaust to the side anywhere you want...as long as it's not near a passenger cabin. Putting a turndown right before the back tire would be SICK on our trucks, but unfortunately the exhaust fumes would enter the cabin via the back window(s). The closest thing you could do would be to turn the exhaust out right behind the back tire, but that's pretty close to stock...
...and that's no fun!

Old 12-07-2007, 11:31 PM

so this wouldnt be a good spot to run it?

Old 12-07-2007, 11:35 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, won't pass inspection. If you follow that directly up you'll see that it crosses paths with the rear window. I like how the picture is mirrored, too. Trust me man, I did my research because I really wanted to do this as well with my 2dr but those dang 'vent' windows are still considered the cabin. I guess I could always remove the opening mechanism and seal them up...

Old 12-07-2007, 11:55 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i think the coolest exhaust system on this site would have to be zero psi's CLICK

Old 12-08-2007, 02:42 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

I had side pipes on my old Vette and I don't miss them. They were really loud and I was smelling all the fumes in slow traffic conditions.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/714582976F7C4CCE85658D55F41D7840.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-08-2007, 12:07 PM

I wish i could bring my exhaust out of my rear bumper but i have that stupid trim on it.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:56 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

dont let the trim stop you, do it anyways.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:30 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Ive seen strait pipes on a Blazer coming out in the rear fenders and it looked frickin wicked, they are custom duals.

heres a rough representation of what they would look like:

[IMG]local://upfiles/5437/2FB009F359BA45AB8355D8C50B039D98.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-22-2007, 12:22 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

i definately dont like that style of design. i prefer my pipes not to show. mine can hardly be seen from the back, and are not visible from the side, they are angled down behind the rear tire i will try to get a pic

Quick Reply: side pipes?