Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Sound, but also speed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 06:30 PM
awmiscool is on a distinguished road
Default Sound, but also speed?

This is indeed my first post on the Blazer Forum, but I have loads of experience of forums under my belt. All of that aside, I have inherited a 1998 Chevy Blazer as my first vehicle. I have a decent job, and have decided to put some money into my ride. Currently, as far as I know, nothing has been done to it under the hood. My father has been driving it since he bought it, and treated it nicely for the most part.

I've got a couple of questions, and I've checked out these forums for a while now, so I've decided to register and ask 'em.

What are some decent, but not too expensive, upgrades I can get for this? I have been looking at exhaust systems (because it sounds okay, but okay isn't good enough), and am open to any other suggestions that would make it sound amazing. I am also looking into some upgrades as far as power or speed, but I know next to nothing about that. Pretty much anything I will buy will be installed by me and my father. I take very good care of my car, so I want to get the most out of it possible.

Pictures!

The tail lights are the only thing that isn't stock. One more thing. I am looking for a decent/modern headlight set. Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Old 06-07-2009, 06:35 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

welcome to the forum!! the best advice i can give you is to use the search function and look up all the ideas you have. everything you mentioned(exhaust,power upgrades, and lights) have been discussed many times.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:41 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Also, don't post such MASSIVE pics lol...it's hard to read when you have to scroll side to side.
I'd recommend an intake too, I hear they help a decent amount.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:41 PM
PVT Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sisk28
Also, don't post such MASSIVE pics lol...it's hard to read when you have to scroll side to side.
I'd recommend an intake too, I hear they help a decent amount.
I love my 17'' widescreen laptop, I can see the whole picture =D

Anyway, on topic, just do a CAI, an exhaust, and a tune.

Hehe... if money isn't really a problem, go throw a 350 under the hood.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:45 PM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

Nice ride! You don't see too many of the two-tones with that body style on here. Very nice!

Old 06-07-2009, 11:27 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

x2 what PVT Pablo said. He's spot on. Search for Cold Air Intakes and take your pick.
You can't beat a good tune up to remind your truck that at one point it had *****.
If shes a stock 98 a good Seafoaming wouldn't hurt. Also search for the various valves that you can clean easily.
Depending on how much you have to spend, and how dogged out the engine is, you can make $1000-$2000 go a long way.

Very nice looking rig. I think only Ugly_Monkey has a Silver/Black two tone 'round these parts.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Starting Member
blazen99 is on a distinguished road

looks nice... you can always go with new plugs and wires with a new exhaust. other than that i dont know how cheep ur talking. anything around the plugs like distrib and cap will help i think

Old 06-08-2009, 01:54 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Thats part of a tune up. Cap, wires, rotor, plugs, fluids, filters, etc.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:59 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Yep, I agree... I have a cold air intake and a free flowing exhaust with a FlowMaster. I would like to get an engine programmer but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:59 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Nice Two-Tone, those are few and far between!

Quick Reply: Sound, but also speed?