Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

straight pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:48 PM
01blazr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default straight pipe?

i was thinkin bout doin a straight pipe w/ the stock cat...u think it will be too loud or should i just go w/ a flowmaster super 44?

Old 06-27-2007, 09:52 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: straight pipe?

It'll most likely be too loud...

If your muffler shop has the flowmasters in stock, you can ask him if you can drive it around or something, see if you like the sound before you stick one on...

Old 06-28-2007, 12:29 AM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah a straight pipe might be a lot louder but the flowmaster would probably sound deaper, it is all on what you prefer.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:21 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Um, yeah, definatley WAAAYYY loud when dumped right out of the cat. I actually did what drperry mentioned when i took Dale to the muffler shop. Drove it up the street and drove right back into the shop and had em put a flowmaster 40 on it. Basically when you cant hear your system over your exhaust, then its just a touch too loud, lol.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:50 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I had straight pipes on my Lumina... And it was loud... Very loud, however, I think since I had the exhaust coming out behind the car, instead of underneath (like an incomplete exhaust system would...) It wasn't so stupidly loud inside the car...

Behind it, was another story, and when the pipes were cold @ 2000 RPM, and your window is down, you realize that there's a good chance you're louder than a Peterbuilt running 6 inch straight pipes, using his jake brake, because you can see him looking around trying to find the noise...

Old 06-28-2007, 04:46 PM
01blazr is an unknown quantity at this point

yeaaa i deff want like a deep tone and i think that the straight pipe would make it sound too raspy so i might just end up w/ the flowmaster...thanks for the advise and ill let u know what i end up doing

Old 06-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point

straight pipes sound great. i got them and love the way it sounds. of i could get all my leaks fixed.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:27 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

HAHA that reminds me of one of my friends had an old lumina and we convinced him to cut off the whole exhaust system and put a cherry bomb after the headers. It sounded like a freaking race car driving around, it was so great!

Old 07-08-2007, 09:21 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my cat taken out and straight piped......and I love it!!!!

if you can hear your exhaust over your system......get mo powa!!!!!!

Old 07-08-2007, 09:39 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Don't do strait pipes. You'll get tired of it, and its considered noise pollution in some places. Go with a Flowmaster.

Quick Reply: straight pipe?