Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Are those Air sensors on the stock intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Starting Member
98Ltblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Are those Air sensors on the stock intake

Today i opened the hood of my blazer and i noticed alongside the intake there are wires hooked up to it.. what r they air sensors?.. when i buy the Spectre will there be a fit for those wires?

AND while i have the thread open i have a second question

Ive done a little research and i continue to buy my Spectre intake.. but should i make a purchase for the K&N filter?

Honestly is it worth it like i dont think it is i dont see it making a difference over the brand new spectre filter but what do i know..

Again guys ive asked a bunch of questions and everything has been answered with a respected and informative manner so thanks

Old 04-12-2010, 10:48 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Where the wires go are called the MAF (mass air flow) sensor. Any aftermarket intake system you buy will have a bung for the MAF sensor.

As for the filter, use what comes with it and see how you like it. I tend to prefer K&N's but other don't. Some claim they cause oil build up yet I've never experienced it.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Starting Member
98Ltblazer is on a distinguished road

thank u for your quick answer. I'm new to everything and its my first car and I couldn't b happier so I wanna "make it mine" already bought HIDs buying the intake in a couple days too.. haven't decided what to do next .. performance I'll worry about in the future, I wanna do exterior mods but can't figure out what to do