Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Throttle Body Spacer

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 02:59 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default Throttle Body Spacer

Okay, I have a dilemma here...

My Spectre air intake doesn't fit right now because of my body lift. I need about 2 inches to make it fit right. Because with the body lift, the motor stays the same and the body goes up. So I was researching on here and another guy had a thread on here about this. His throttle body spacer made the intake fit. If I buy a throttle body spacer for the sole purpose of making my intake kit fit right, the spacer won't give me any bad results right? I know it is a paperweight, but in this instance I need a paperweight to add an inch or two onto my plenum height in order for this intake to fit in my engine bay. What do you guys think?

Old 07-01-2012, 03:06 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Eh,it wouldn't harm anything,but before i would spend $50+ on a chunk of metal Id hit up the junk yards and find something i can use to make it work. Like a rubber intake hose off another car thats longer/flexible etc.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by chris015
Eh,it wouldn't harm anything,but before i would spend $50+ on a chunk of metal Id hit up the junk yards and find something i can use to make it work. Like a rubber intake hose off another car thats longer/flexible etc.
I'd be worried about a rubber hose being too flexible in a spot like that even if clamped on both sides. I don't know what I'm going to do to be honest with you. I saw a used one for $35 but it would cost me $20 in gas to go get it. I can get a new one shipped to my door for $85 with free shipping. I'm trying to browse eBay for one. Man that thing is one expensive paperweight lol.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:15 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

what part MUST be longer? the end of the hose or pipe that runs into the throttle body? or have you looked elsewhere to see what you can adapt etc. Can you get me a pic?

Call me a redneck,or a skilled "putthisthingymcjiggyheretomakethiswork" pro,but damnit i make things work before i have to spend crazy money haha.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by chris015
what part MUST be longer? the end of the hose or pipe that runs into the throttle body? or have you looked elsewhere to see what you can adapt etc. Can you get me a pic?

Call me a redneck,or a skilled "putthisthingymcjiggyheretomakethiswork" pro,but damnit i make things work before i have to spend crazy money haha.
Haha, I hear ya. I've jimmyrigged stuff together myself before. But I wouldn't in this situation. The plenum needs to sit a bit taller than it is now. It sits down too low is what it is. So I need something to go in between the throttle body and the plenum to make it sit an inch or two taller.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Tibby I'll send you mine! I will get it taken off tomorrow and you can have it just send me $10 to cover shipping. rexmburns@gmail.com is my Paypal if you want it. Pm me your address and I can get it out asap with all the hardware and everything

Old 07-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Tibby I'll send you mine! I will get it taken off tomorrow and you can have it just send me $10 to cover shipping. rexmburns@gmail.com is my Paypal if you want it. Pm me your address and I can get it out asap with all the hardware and everything
Wow, that would be awesome Rex! It would be greatly appreciated! My Blaze has been sitting in the driveway for 4 or 5 days now because of all this mess with the intake not fitting right. $10 through paypal sounds good! Let me pm you on here real quick.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:49 PM
BF Veteran

Hell yea! This is why i love this forum,people help you out when you need it the most.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

The deal is did!!! I'll get you the tracking number tomorrow. Let us know how it works out Tibby!!

Edit: guess I'll have to change my sig lol!!

Old 07-01-2012, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by rexmburns
The deal is did!!! I'll get you the tracking number tomorrow. Let us know how it works out Tibby!!

Edit: guess I'll have to change my sig lol!!
Okay, sounds good! I will definitely let you all know how it goes with pics too! Thanks again rex!

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Spacer