Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Thrust Glasspack?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 01:39 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future
Default Thrust Glasspack?

Anyone on here running a Thrust Glasspack?
I just ordered my CAI...should be here in a week or two. To go along with that after I get in installed I'm going to order a glasspack some point in october. I'm leaning towards the Thrust one (mainly for price point). It's under $50 shipped, and from what I've seen it sounds pretty decent.
Anyone have one, and if so what are your thoughts on it?
I know the flowmaster 44 is probably the best sounding, but I'm not ready just yet to fork out a bunch of cash for an exhaust. I just want something that will make the 4.3 sound a bit better. Nothing too crazy.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:03 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

ive got a no name glasspack and im very pleased with it. ive had close to 2 years now and it still sounds good, but i do plan on upgrading to a spintech muffler soon.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:54 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Thanks Mike. You're has duals on it though, so it will probably sound better then mine when I get it. I can't wait to order mine.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:53 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

myself i'm planning on cherry bomb vortex muffler. had one on my hotrod ford truck sounded awesome plus cheaper thana flowmaster.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:07 AM
PHATSPEED7x is on a distinguished road

Thrush glasspacks are pretty good mufflers. I'm a huge fan of their turbo mufflers.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:29 AM
BF Veteran

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm still searching around. I won't be getting it for at least another 2 weeks now.
I was talking to a buddy of mine that drives a 97 Sierra. He has a Cherry Bomb exhaust on it (not sure which one, looks like a regular exhaust so it's not a glasspack) with no tail pipe, and his truck sounds awesome! He said he picked it up for $60 at Canadian Tire too, which is only 10 bucks more then the glasspack I wanted, but I wouldn't have to wait for it to ship.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:13 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I don't know how those Cherry Bomb Vortex mufflers would sound. I was driving next to a ZR2 the other day with a cherry bomb sticker on the back window... It really didn't sound good, almost like it had a hole in the exhaust, not like it had an exhaust system... I'd try and find sound clips with the Vortex Alex, just to make sure you'll like the sound.

Just because it makes noise doesn't mean it sounds good.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:37 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by oktain
I don't know how those Cherry Bomb Vortex mufflers would sound. I was driving next to a ZR2 the other day with a cherry bomb sticker on the back window... It really didn't sound good, almost like it had a hole in the exhaust, not like it had an exhaust system... I'd try and find sound clips with the Vortex Alex, just to make sure you'll like the sound.

Just because it makes noise doesn't mean it sounds good.
I don't go by youtube videos of exhaust systems. They all sound like crap to me lol...it's impossible to judge by youtube.
I'm basing it on my buddy's truck. He has the 4.3 in his 97 Sierra, and it sounds mean with the cherry bomb. I really like the sound of it.
I'm not decided yet though. I'm still going to look around.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:40 AM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

I run a cherrybomb glasspack on my truck. I think it sounds really good. I have a couple of videos in my signature where you can really hear the glasspack well.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:00 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sisk
I don't go by youtube videos of exhaust systems. They all sound like crap to me lol...it's impossible to judge by youtube.
I'm basing it on my buddy's truck. He has the 4.3 in his 97 Sierra, and it sounds mean with the cherry bomb. I really like the sound of it.
I'm not decided yet though. I'm still going to look around.
I didn't realize he had the 4.3 too... if you like it then I say go for it!

Quick Reply: Thrust Glasspack?