Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

time for new exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 02:22 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road
Default time for new exhaust!

so ya i started up my blazer today and it sounded like a ricer fart can exhaust. took a look underneath and found that the front edge of the muffler is rusted which is making the bottom part flap.

so i'm gunna get a flowmaster super 44 mufler and just stock piping. i was wondering what r some sites that i could check around that would have mufflers the best price i've found so far is $79 for the super 44. any links would be good thanks!

Old 01-18-2008, 06:26 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: time for new exhaust!

Check out midas there usually pretty fair on price!!!

Old 01-19-2008, 12:07 AM

aight i'll check em out tomorrow thanks!

Old 01-19-2008, 08:34 AM
BF Veteran

No problem man, the reason I suggest them is because my brother got his full size chevy done at a midas with muffler and new piping it cost 150 bucks and he got a flowmaster put on it!!!

Old 01-24-2008, 01:38 PM

i checked out midas and they dont sell to individuals u have to have them put the exhaust on and i didnt wanna pay the extra money to have them put it on. so i ordered my flowmaster super 44 from autopartswarehouse.com for $79.31 w/ free shipping!! (cheapest price i found i calculated in shipping too) so it should be here in 3-5 week days (shipped ground).

and also earlier in the day b4 i ordered the muffler i was walkin out to my truck after school and saw my muffler hangin down lol so i got home and went to coat hanger it up and found the other end was rusted off too lol i was lucky to make it home w/ my muffler lol so its coat hangered up right now till the flowmaster comes in the mail (soon i hope lol) i cant wait to hear it!! i'll try and post a vid of it when i can

Old 01-24-2008, 06:51 PM
BF Veteran

Sounds good man can't wait to hear it!!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:48 AM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm interested in hearing it, too, as my original plan was to get a Super 44, but nobody seems to put Super 44's on their Blazers. Whenever I see Super 44's they're usually on cars, so I figured maybe on a truck with a bigger engine it might sound kinda raspy. I have a Super 40 sitting in the back of my truck right now, waiting for a day to install it. I slept all day today because I was off from work, and tomorrow I have work at 5, but before that I have to go to the college. Hopefully I can get time in to get it installed soon.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:51 AM

hahaha ya i hear ya w/ the time and everything i'm in college too and have a job i work like 25hrs a week so ya its hard to find time to do stuff lol but ya it says it should be here by the 30th so hopefully that fri or sat i'll have it installed (depending on temp outside lol) its been around zero the past week or so hasnt really been a warm time to do anything outside lol so i hope it will warm up into the 20s atleast so i can put it on there (i wish i had a heated garage)

Old 01-30-2008, 01:46 PM

w00t!!!!! just found out that the muffler and tail pipe came today!!!!!!! extension pipe will be here tomorrow after 3pm so hope to get it put on friday!!!!!! i'm sooo excited its gunna sound tight!!! i'll be postin a vid as soon as i have it all together and get a dig camera to make a vid lol my friend has one so no worries it should be up shortly after i get it hooked up!

Old 01-30-2008, 01:50 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Sounds good, can't wait to hear it. I have been contemplating upgrading the exhaust for a while now, and think I will finally get it done this summer (since there is some raspiness to it right now, i think an exhaust pipe connector gasket is going bad or its the cat).

Quick Reply: time for new exhaust!