Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Tornado

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 03:14 PM
eshballa5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tornado

Has anyone ever used one of those tornado fuelsavers. i was thinking about getting one but didn't know which was best or if it was worth the money to spend on it.

this is the one i was looking at,
Tornado on Ebay

fixed your long link for you - pm for details - hillbilly

Old 07-24-2007, 03:15 PM
FFJustin99Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Tornado

From what I've heard, they're a waste of money

Old 07-24-2007, 04:02 PM
BigGreenMonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Gimmick....

Old 07-24-2007, 04:55 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Waste of money, save up your money for a Cold Air Intake from K&N, AEM, or Airaid.

-Lenny

Old 07-24-2007, 05:03 PM
03RedBLazerXtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

I have one and i dont think its a gimmick ~!

Old 07-24-2007, 05:19 PM
eshballa5 is an unknown quantity at this point

well im putting an aftermarket cold air intake on it but i had heard from a few people that it worked pretty well. Just wondering if anyone had one on their blazer.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:33 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

There rubbish, They tend to break apart and can damage your engine.

Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

there have been numerous threads on here about the tornado and similar products. If you insist on buying one, just send me the money you were going to spend on it, and it will have about the same effect.

NickyT88 is an unknown quantity at this point

You realize that most if not all of the vortex that it does create would get destroyed by the throttle body right? I got a chip instead and it actually did help. My next upgrade would be CAI. I was thinking about those TB spacers that were milled to create a vortex after the throttle though. Anyone know anything about those?

Clicky

fixed your long link for you - pm for details - hillbilly

Old 07-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Even a spacer that makes a feeble attempt at spinning the air after the throttle body won't make a hill of beans different at the valve or in the combustion chamber. These engines are already designed to create a swirl effect (vortec-->vortex) as the air passes by the valve, filling the combustion chamber. This is all done with intake runner design in the transition to the valve.

I urge anyone that *thinks* these products make a difference to read up on them. They are a placebo. I spent money, therefore I got a performance increase. I have read numerous articles in auto magazines about many of the available fuel savers. The simple fact is that if these products did what they say they do, we would already have them on our vehicles. With the ever increasing CAFE regulations, every automaker is working very hard to increase their corporate average fuel economy. If these things were so free and easy, wouldn't you think they would be in general use?

I myself had throttle body spacers made by PowerAid on my old '94 Intrepid 3.5L 24valve v6, an engine built for high rpm power with the peak torque occurring at a relatively high RPM. Supposedly, the helix cut into the ID of the spacer was supposed to create a vortex in the cylinders for better fuel/air mix. Well, I made up some spacers to sell and figured I'd try my own design with smooth bore on the car. No difference what-so-ever to the helix bored spacers. Same gain in off idle torque, same loss in high rpm power. The only difference was my spacers didn't whistle like the PowerAids did at part throttle (oh darn). With the already very low rpm torque peak on the 4.3L v6, a spacer would be a bad idea. Spacers increase the runner length. Increased runner length serves to lower the torque peak in the RPM range. The increased length also cuts down on the engines ability to breath at higher RPM which reduces its high rpm power.

Quick Reply: Tornado