Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

where to find a magnaflow cat back system

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Starting Member
95LS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where to find a magnaflow cat back system

i was on youtube and listening to a magnaflow exhaust and i like the sound of it. i was looking online to see where i can find one but the only thing i could find was for a chevy truck. i am also considering a high flow cat converter. do those eally make that big of a diffrence? also im gonna get a set of headers at the same time. does anyone know who makes a good fitting set of headers. what iveread edelbrock headers are supposed to be a "direct" fit.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Starting Member
Default RE: where to find a magnaflow cat back system

i called magnaflow today and they do NOT make a cat back system for my 95.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope, you've got to buy the muffler and cat and then have a shop install them (with custom bent pipe if you want)

Old 04-14-2008, 09:14 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yep exactly what Jigg said on the muffler and cat part. As for the headers I have heard decent things about the JBA headers, but you have to watch out and make sure you get the right ones, since some of our trucks have air injection (does something for the emissions). Good luck.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:28 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: 95LS

i was on youtube and listening to a magnaflow exhaust and i like the sound of it. i was looking online to see where i can find one but the only thing i could find was for a chevy truck. i am also considering a high flow cat converter. do those eally make that big of a diffrence? also im gonna get a set of headers at the same time. does anyone know who makes a good fitting set of headers. what iveread edelbrock headers are supposed to be a "direct" fit.
Yeah i have the edelbrock headers... Its a direct fit, just like a 5000 piece puzzle is a direct fit....lol. The headers are nice though, its justhard to figure out how to slide the old exhaust manifolds out and then slide the new headers in. It was like a solvin a frggin rubiks cube! I actually had to ...uh...pound (for lack of a better word) the driver side header in from underneath. If you have ever thought about doing a body lift, you might want to think about doing that first and then the headers. It would make it alot easier (along with changing the spark plugs!). What I like about the edelbrock headers is that they have nice thick 3/8" flanges to bolt to,not 1/8" or 1/4" flanges like some of the other brands of headers have. The JBA headers look good to though. But the edelbrock headers are cheaper and come with a new Y pipe...I dunno which are better, but I like mine

Old 04-15-2008, 10:57 PM
Starting Member

a friend of mine that i work with got those edelbrock headers for his 90something sonoma. he said the y pipe has already started to rust on the bottom. he has had the headders on there for less then 6 months. i think it might be from the road salt over the winter. i was looking for a complete cat back system ( i want stainless steel so it wont rust ) a friend of mine works at midas so ill see if i buy all the exhaust if he will put it on for me for cheap. i bet the lift will make it somewhat easier.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:13 PM

yes it is true. Ceramic coated headers can rust if they are scratched and scuffed before they are able to cure from the heat of the exhaust.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Starting Member

its wierd because its only rusting on the underside of his y pipe the headers are fine. is the y pipe made of the same materieal as the headers ? thats why he thinks it might be from the road salt.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:12 AM

Yeah the y pipe is coated in the same cermaic coating...mine has a lil rust on it as well, but my headers are fine. I think its rusty partially because I banged it up installing it, and partially from rocks and road debris. We dont have any salt on the roads around here...we dont even have snow. lol

Old 04-18-2008, 11:18 PM
Starting Member

is that the only mod you have done to the truck ? im trying to imagine how much i would notice adding the headers and cat back exhaust.

Quick Reply: where to find a magnaflow cat back system