Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

1999 4 Dr Blazer 4x4 Lifting Help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 10:12 PM
WetWilly is on a distinguished road
Default 1999 4 Dr Blazer 4x4 Lifting Help.

I know that there are about 30-40 different threads and posts on lifting ones truck. I've spent MANY hours reading all of them. I've seen it all; from cranking the torsion bar, add-a-leaf, oversized coils/springs (I'm not all to sure what the difference is), the Body Lifts, some sort of shackles, U-bolts?, and so on. I am not all too lift-a-truck savvy, but i love my truck. I want to lift my truck without putting so much stress on the C/V's and having to replace my ball joints every 6 months, not too keen on the money for all that. Do i use shackles or do i manuever the leaf spring to be on TOP of my rear axle? What do i do then??? i need some serious help.

Like what about these add-a-leafs: http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/Rou...dd_a_leafs.htm
http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/Sup...dd_a_leafs.htm
http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/Sky...dd_a_leafs.htm

I just need someone who knows what they are doing or DID to help me out. Someone who can give me advice for MY truck. I want bigger and wider tires and am not sure if i need spacers and/or adapters.

what exactly is a Gap Guard?
Help please.

Last edited by WetWilly; 05-20-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:38 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

if you dont wanna worry about ur suspension then go with a body lift that way ur suspension isnt affected one bit, also if you decide to go with aal's then the only way to raise the front would be to crank the tb's and that will be added stress on ur cv's. if you want a wider stance you have 2 options 1. buy spacers to "push" the wheels out or 2. get a rim with less backspacing and gap gaurds will cover up the gap between ur body and frame after a body lift, you dont absolutely need them but it makes for a cleaner look.

Last edited by mikeinwi; 05-20-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:29 AM

So all these shackles and springs and coil ideas really dont pertain to me?

IS there a way to lift the front without doing the TB crank?

Or is there a way to lift the front with other things plus a minor TB crank?

Old 05-21-2009, 12:19 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to get really serious you could do a single axle swap.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:37 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by WetWilly
So all these shackles and springs and coil ideas really dont pertain to me?

IS there a way to lift the front without doing the TB crank?

Or is there a way to lift the front with other things plus a minor TB crank?
the springs/coils dont pertain to you those are found on 2wd's and as far as i know there no way to lift just the front without cranking the tb's

Old 05-21-2009, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by oisinirish
If you want to get really serious you could do a single axle swap.
what size front axle would i be looking for?

does it take alot more equipment that i would need to buy?

Old 05-21-2009, 01:35 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure I'm already a single axle up front. Was mostly kidding but try this thread.

I do know it can be done but at what cost???

Old 05-21-2009, 02:05 PM

Sas=$$$

Last edited by mikeinwi; 05-21-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure that you have seen this thread:
Lift Kit List

Old 05-21-2009, 04:46 PM

so which would be smarter for ther rear?
shackles or add a leaf?

Quick Reply: 1999 4 Dr Blazer 4x4 Lifting Help.