Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2" Rough Country Lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:42 AM
motoraser125 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2" Rough Country Lift

I just ordered my lift on monday. Do you think I will be able to fit a31x10.50 with the rims I have? The rimshave 3.4" backspacing. My tires didnt rub at all with thestock rims but now they do. I had 31x10.50 on the stock rims before and the didnt rub.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:47 AM
navyblue_sk8er is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 2" Rough Country Lift

Yeah they'll fit but you will prolly have to do some minor trimming.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:26 AM

ok good. How much should I trim off and how should I go about do that? Your blazer looks bad ***. What kind of suspension lift did you get?

Old 02-08-2008, 11:32 AM

You'll just have to turn your wheel until it rubs and then sord of judge from there how much you trim. Then when you trim it make sure you can turn your wheel full without rubbing. Keep in mind you'll want to trim a little more for suspension compression.

I also have a 2" rough country suspension lift. I also did a 2" body lift and currently have 32x11.5 tires on it. Still had to do some trimming for that but I also have a 4" backspace on my wheels. But if your instaling the kit yourself, don't be afraid to pm me with questions or what not.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:57 AM

Ok. What should i use to cut the body? Im putting the lifton myself so i might have a few questions when I get it. Do the bushings come pressed into the control arms already or do i need to get them pressed in?

Old 02-08-2008, 12:32 PM

For trimming I used an angle grinder with a metal cutoff wheel. You have to put the bushings in yourself but they're easy. You might have to use a rubber malet to get the metal sleeve in the bushings.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Make sure you take pics of your install. BTW I love the wheels, they look great on your truck.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:45 PM

nj4x4blazer
Thanks.I got a great deal for them.I only paid $270 for the set.I will definitely take pics of the install. I wishI could afford to get a lift as big as yours. It looks great!

navyblue_sk8er
Thanks for the tips.How hard is it to do the torsion keys and where can I get the puller tool?

What kind of tires would you recommend getting? I dont do too much off roading but I want a tire that does good off road and is going to last me longer than these BFG.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:10 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

yes if u could do a how to or just atleast pix of the install cuz i am looking at getting the same kit in summer when i have the money so this would be very helpful!! and lemme know how it is to instal and what the ride is like after thanks!

Old 02-08-2008, 03:35 PM

The actual job of taking the old torsion keys off and putting the new ones on is easy. Its pretty much finding the loading tool thats the problem. I went to the normal car parts store to try and rent it (Autozone, Checkers, etc.) and nobody had one. The only place I could find that had one was CarQuest and it was only for sale and they want $120 for it. Luckily my step-dad is a machinist and he was able to make me one for $12, haha.

So I don't really have any other idea on where to get one, for rent anyways, cause your only going to need it for like a 1/2 hour.

Quick Reply: 2" Rough Country Lift