Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2" suspension lift questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:33 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road
Default 2" suspension lift questions

ok so i am looking at getting a 2" suspension lift for my 94 but from looking at the threads on here it looks like it messes up ur front suspension due to the torsion bar. is there a kit out there that relocates some things on teh front suspension to not cause the extra wear on the front suspension?

i really like the look of the 2" suspension lift and it is also a daily driver so i cant have those 5"+ lifts so is a 2" suspension lift better than a 2" body lift? if there r other threads that have discussed this plz leave a link thanks!

Old 01-07-2008, 10:39 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: 2" suspension lift questions

most of the "kits" come with upper control arms and new torsion keys for the front and add-a-leafs for the rear... you can achieve the same thing by cranking the tbars and buying add-a-leafs or shackles. a body lift would be better/easier on your truck. if you really need the extra clearance then go with suspension

Old 01-07-2008, 11:38 PM

ok thanks well i was thinking of getting these shocks which say they add a 2-3" lift http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...003409/c-10101
and then complementing them w/ this add a leaf set http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...003409/c-10101

so what do u guys think?

Old 01-08-2008, 12:15 AM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

The lift they are claiming is not how much they provide but how much they can deal with or rather how much more travel they can handle. Personally i say if you are an ok wrench and know how to look after and grease all your joints and fittings each oil change, you will be just fine with a torsion bar lift. However one thing i can say is that if you can find some tubular a-arms for your blazer like the superlift ones for cheap, then jump on em. They will have new bushings and stronger ball joints which will help ya out in the long run. Plus most of em come completely greaseable. As for the add-a-leaf, i would probably recommend that over a set of shackles just because with the age of your truck those leafs are probably a little worn out so the added leaf will help alot to level it back out and stiffen things back up. Hell i almost wish i had me a set cuz my rear leafs are getting pretty toasted anymore.

And lastly on body lifts, they work great and get your body out of the way so you can clear some bigger tires but you dont get any more ground clearance. Thats the only down side to body lifts. Other than that they are great for a daily driver with some mild tread 31's on it.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:54 AM

ok thanks for the info! ya i'm pretty good at wrenchin plus my dad is a mechanic so he can always help me out. so for the shocks tho r those pretty good shocks? cuz i was thinkin of gettin those they sound pretty good for a good price i would just get the ones w/ less travel i think. and is the superlift a suspension lift or body lift that ur talkin about that comes w/ the new suff?

Old 01-08-2008, 12:18 PM

The superlift kit i was talking about is their 2 inch suspension lift kit. All it consists of is a set of add a leafs, new control arms that are tubular, and a set of torsion keys that supposedly lift the truck more. Personally i say if you can find the control arms and just crank your existing keys up its gonna do the same thing and be a bunch cheaper (superlift sells the 2inch kit for $750 normally). Though if ya cant find the control arms, your existing ones should do just fine for lifting.

As for shocks, they look like they will do well and ive seen em on lifted jeeps before and havent heard anything bad about them so give it a shot. Probably they are going to be stiffer than you existing shocks being as they are new and they are designed for mild offroading but that would be true of just about any new new shocks.

*EDIT* Just found a pretty sweet deal thats actually right up your alley. Its the kit from rough country and its got the upper control arms, new ball joints, shackles, shocks, and the torsion keys (just junk those, no need for em, too much hassle to unload the torsion bars just so you can put in something that will do supposedly slightly more than the factory key) all for $429. Check it out. Link

Old 01-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

BTW Rough Country makes the 2" lift kit for Superlifts along with their steering stabilizer kit as well. [:-]

Old 01-08-2008, 01:36 PM

wow sweet thanks! ya that sounds like a really good deal! ya i def dont have the money right now but i'm tryin to save up for one so i thought i would start lookin and researchin to get some ideas

Old 01-08-2008, 01:43 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

that is a good price.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: nj4x4blaze

BTW Rough Country makes the 2" lift kit for Superlifts along with their steering stabilizer kit as well. [:-]
ROFL, thats interesting. Stranger still is that rough country powder coats their kit unlike the superlift one and they sell it cheaper, LOL.

Quick Reply: 2" suspension lift questions