Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2/3" body lift

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Beginning Member
M4RKETT1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2/3" body lift

i was thinking of getting a 2/3" body lift for a 95 blazer.

anyone have any pics of what this will look like?

and, how difficult would it be to install myself.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:39 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Look through the pictures section... lots of people have them... i do not... but they look good... and i hear its very difficult to do by yourself... but you and a couple of buddies could knock it out on a sunday.... i think

Old 08-17-2009, 08:00 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

You have to remove the entire truck off the frame so you can insert the blocks between the frame and the body. So it will be as hard as that sounds .

FYI - A little demonstration of this...

Last edited by Sisk; 08-17-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:36 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

From what I've heard from people who've done it, I don't think it will be as hard as that picture might seem.

I'm under the impression that you can simply unscrew the bolts, jack up one side just enough to get the new blocks in and then do the other side. Lifting one side at a time a few inches up would be MUCH easier than what has been done to that TrailBlazer above. I don't see a hoist and I have no idea how they managed to get that piece of wood between the body and jacks LOL

Old 08-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

its just as mdehoogh said. not near as bad as that picture!! LOL!

click the link in my sig to see a 97 with a 2 inch body lift.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:05 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Idk if there are shops around that would do this for me... but how much would it cost to have it PRO installed... so I dont F up

Old 08-19-2009, 05:55 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
From what I've heard from people who've done it, I don't think it will be as hard as that picture might seem.

I'm under the impression that you can simply unscrew the bolts, jack up one side just enough to get the new blocks in and then do the other side. Lifting one side at a time a few inches up would be MUCH easier than what has been done to that TrailBlazer above. I don't see a hoist and I have no idea how they managed to get that piece of wood between the body and jacks LOL
Originally Posted by jsmz
its just as mdehoogh said. not near as bad as that picture!! LOL!

click the link in my sig to see a 97 with a 2 inch body lift.
Interesting idea! I would have never thought to go one side at a time. You're right though, it would be much easier.
And I was thinking that pic of the trailblazer was a bit extreme...but it's good to show the concept of a body lift.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:37 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

yeah its really not that hard. Do it one side at a time. i did mine in a weekend

Old 08-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Beginning Member
Sniper 78227 is on a distinguished road

question is there any1 who might have videos or pic of step by step on hold to do the bl 2in? on there blazer ??? thanks

Old 08-27-2009, 03:56 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Just find your body mounts, unscrew the bolts on one side (maybe losen the other side a bit so you're not bending anything) jack up that side, put the blocks in.

Repeat on the other side, check youtube on how to install a body lift... fairly straight forward I would imagine, for any vehicle on a frame.

Quick Reply: 2/3" body lift