Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2 inch body lift pic request

Old 01-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Sturg is on a distinguished road
Default 2 inch body lift pic request

Hey guys I've looked everywhere and I just cant find what I'm looking for. I wanna see a blazer(s) running only a 2 inch body lift... no suspension lift or any of that just the body lift to see what it looks like. Any size tires are fine also. I'm planning on doing the 2 inch PA body lift and I'm excited and just want to see what I have to look forward to.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Starting Member
Moores12345 is on a distinguished road

I'll have to post a picture for you tomorrow. May not have the front or back bumpers on though because I have the wrong brackets to bring them up with the body. So I have to modify the ones that I got which I think are from an S10.

Truck will feel and look higher obviously and I also found mine quieter. Were it's higher up maybe I just can't hear the muffler/exhaust as much.

Edit:

Last edited by Moores12345; 02-06-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Sturg is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Moores12345
I'll have to post a picture for you tomorrow. May not have the front or back bumpers on though because I have the wrong brackets to bring them up with the body. So I have to modify the ones that I got which I think are from an S10.

Truck will feel and look higher obviously and I also found mine quieter. Were it's higher up maybe I just can't hear the muffler/exhaust as much.

Edit:

Hell yeah that looks good

Old 02-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Starting Member

Those are only stock tires though. 235/75/15 soon to be 31's.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:36 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

why do you only have half a rear fender flare?? lol

Old 02-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Starting Member

LOLZ.

Double sided tape don't work too well in the winter, almost lost it all together on the highway actually. Difficult to find if I had lost it, so I'm lucky. Just waiting for some warmer weather so I can put a screw in it, and put double sided tape on it. Other side went on perfect with double sided tape and a screw. Even used a heater gun on the truck and the tape and still didn't want to stick on that side.

All the flares go on with double sided tape, and screws. Except those two pieces on either side in the rear. From factory they only had them on with the tape. I'll throw another screw in that one and paint em up again when possible.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:04 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

cant wait to put my bodylift on...................

Old 02-09-2011, 02:06 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

Does anyone have any suggestions . ive been searching google and the forums for past half hour trying to find some good pointers on the body lift. i had thought about going to shop but cheapest for them to just install is $475..so i gotta do this myself. and i have only done one of these and it was just at 6 years ago now. any body lift help guys?

Old 02-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Steinbruchsoldat is on a distinguished road

It`s sooo easy...

1. Loosen all the body mount bolts
2. Remove the battery wires
3. Remove lower fan shroud
4. Remove oil filter housing
5. Remove the clamp that holds the fuel filler pipe down on the frame
6. Remove the body mount bolts on one side
7. Lift that side
8. Put blocks in
9. Put the bolts in and loose tighten them
10. Repeat steps 6-9 on other side
11. Tighten all the bolts
12. Lengthen battery wires
13. Relocate oil filter housing

Done...

Took me about 5 hours working alone...

Old 02-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by chevytruckdood
Does anyone have any suggestions . ive been searching google and the forums for past half hour trying to find some good pointers on the body lift. i had thought about going to shop but cheapest for them to just install is $475..so i gotta do this myself. and i have only done one of these and it was just at 6 years ago now. any body lift help guys?
Soak the body mounts in PB or WD-40 for a couple hours/days.
Have a shop loosen the two body mounts above the axels, (I couldn't get at mine with a socket and pipe) Unless you have access to power tools..

Buy a couple feet of 2" gas hose for your filler neck replacement. Easier than just cutting your original and putting a piece in. (Mine leaked for the record w putting a piece in) Now I'm just going to go out and buy a couple feet of hose and replace it. Usually runs about 10 bucks a foot.at

Disconnect the couple things that might grab when you lift the body up. 4X4 acuator, oil filter lines, battery, ground, brake lines, (though mine were fine when raising the body up, though there may have been one that had to be unhooked from it's hanger)

Fan shroud will have to be adjusted too but the kit comes with it all including the brackets for the front and rear bumper.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2 inch body lift pic request