Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2 inch lift ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Beginning Member
1fast4.3 is on a distinguished road
Default 2 inch lift ??

hi guys im new around here and im from long island new york. i was just need a little help with somthing. i wana lift my truck two inches and i herd u can do tht by just adjusting the torsion bars. my question is when im adjusting the torsion bars how many turns do i turn the bolt to accomplish two inches and am i gonna have any alignment issues afterwards? i work at firestone so an alignment isnt an issue but will it still be able to be aligned after the adjustment is made?

Old 11-03-2009, 09:47 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum man.
You will probably only want to go to 1" or 1.5" in cranking the tbars. General rule of thumb is 4 turns is 1". And that will only raise the front (incase you weren't aware). You will need shackles if you want to lift the rear too and avoid the reverse rake look.
If you do go any higher then that with the tbars you're looking at putting a lot of stress on your ball joints, and you will probably be replacing those left right and centre.

Take a look at this thread for more info: https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...highlight=tbar

Old 11-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Beginning Member
1fast4.3 is on a distinguished road

awsome man thank you. yeah i knew about the shackles. thats the easy part. i was just worried about my alignment issues bc i just put 31x10.5x15 mud terrains on and i dont wana wear em out all mest up. ill prob go with 1.5 in the front and a 2 inch lift shackle in the rear. i wana put craigar rims on it with a 4.5 backspace on em so i just wana make sure im not gonna blast my fenders when my wheels stick out more.