Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2000 2d 2wd Blazer, Whats a good body lift?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 09:18 PM
2000blazerdudeman is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 2d 2wd Blazer, Whats a good body lift?

Hey im 16 just got a awsome 2000 blazer, and i wanna put some 31" or 32" tires on it. Im thinking a body lift bc im short on cash from buying the car. I want a 2" or 3" body lift kit. I have no idea whats good for it....or any other ways to lift it for cheap?

Old 02-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Save up, get a 2" Kit and then do a 2" shackle & t-bar cranking. That'll give you 4" total. Performance Accessories (PA) makes a body lift for $220 + shipping from Summitracing.com and the shackles can be found on eBay for about $50.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

i've seen the body lifts for around 200 on ebay.my personal opion i wouldn't lift a 2wd truck. i'd slam her to the ground and make a low rider

Old 02-23-2010, 02:47 AM
Starting Member
RebelJimmy96 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
i've seen the body lifts for around 200 on ebay.my personal opion i wouldn't lift a 2wd truck. i'd slam her to the ground and make a low rider
yep its a waste of time lifting a 2wd unless u put a locker in the back!

Old 02-23-2010, 07:29 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Funny thing though- its apparently easier to lift a 2WD than lower it, and its easier to lower a 4WD than to lift it. I see what you guys mean about it being funny to lift a 2WD vehicle, but people could point and laugh at us for using cowl induction hoods on a vehicle with a V6. I say lift that sucker. I'll be joining you eventually in the lifted 2WD class.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:59 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

There is some body else on here with a really nice looking lifted 2 wheel drive 4 door. I dont remember his name but search for lifted 2wd's. I think the tuck was gold in color. Also, with lifting a 2 wheel drive suspension wise you would need to replace the front coil springs or add spacers to the originals and then do the shakels in the rear. Good luck with what ever you decide.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Starting Member
speterson1011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default lift

I agree with Phil, if you got the money lift it. Mine is a 2wd and I lifted it, the places I go offroading I dont need 4wd just deep pits of water but solid at the bottom just got to be high to go through it so it works out good. Put on PA body lift kit, lift shackles in the back, and the front put on the rubber spacer boots from autozone on the top and bottom of each coil, I did this before and it all worked good before I got my fabtech lift. Ride quality was still really good. You can do all this for 300bucks I say go for it man. https://blazerforum.com/forum/members/speterson1011-7252/ check out my profile and look through my albums I have some pictures what it will look like when you finish it

Old 02-23-2010, 09:33 PM
2000blazerdudeman is on a distinguished road
Default Hey thanks guys

thanks for the ideas, i didnt know about the shackles in rear, and the spacers up front, i only thought you could body lift it. But ya 4in sounds good. Since its a 2wd, im definatly puting a locker on the back, just to keep up with my budies, well thanks guys.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:29 AM
Starting Member
RebelJimmy96 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 2000blazerdudeman
thanks for the ideas, i didnt know about the shackles in rear, and the spacers up front, i only thought you could body lift it. But ya 4in sounds good. Since its a 2wd, im definatly puting a locker on the back, just to keep up with my budies, well thanks guys.
get this for ya rear end of the blazer
Powertrax PT 1935 - Lock-Right locker for GM 7.2 S10 and Blazer

http://www.shop.synergyoffroad.com/p...&categoryId=27

Old 02-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Starting Member
speterson1011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default lift

Also when ever your going to do the front suspension with the coil spacers let me know and I will give you some pointers to save you sometime its a little tricky since you have to drop the lower A-Frame's if you put spacers on top and on the bottom of the coil. But if your just wanting to do 1 you will be able to wedge it in there without dropping the lower a frame off you will just have to take the spindle off and the steering rod along with the shock and sway bar link and all the tension will be gone. Although, just one spacer in there with only lift it a little, like barely an inch when I did it. It's not worth the time to do only 1.

Quick Reply: 2000 2d 2wd Blazer, Whats a good body lift?