Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Beginning Member
connersdad19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2000 Chevrolet Blazer

I am new to the forum and have been looking it all over and seen that there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here, so maybe i can get a little more help.

I have a 2000 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door 4 Wheel Drive and I have been researching for a 4 inch suspension lift and was looking for a minute online and found them to be around 1500 or more...

so i was planning on doing a 2 inch bl and a 2 inch rough country suspension lift. I want to try and clear 31x10.5x15

is it possible to clear them tires with a 4 inch lift? and would it be better to just save up the money and get the suspension lift?

Help me knowledgeable people lol.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:32 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

you only need 2" of lift to clear 31's...read this over >> https://blazerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1811

Old 06-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Beginning Member

ygpm again lol.

also i have searched and seen the bad about the rc lift

Old 06-08-2009, 05:54 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

please do not PM with tech questions....with 2" of lift either bl or suspension(choice is yours) youll clear 31x10.50's no problem and youll be able to use those tires on your stock rims. your rear wheels seem farther in beacuse they are i beleive a .75" spacer on each side in the rear will even out the stance.

PM sent from connersdad19:
So with the 2 inch bl i can clear the 31x10.5? and if i go with them tires does that mean i need a rim that 10 inches in width or could that tire fit on the same specs as factory? I also was wondering why the back tires seem in more than the front? whats the best way to fix that? thanks again.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Beginning Member

sorry i had no idea that i was not allowed to ask tech questions.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:37 PM

who told you your not allowed to ask tech questions?? you can ask all the questions you want in the forum, but there is no need to PM tech questions.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Beginning Member

i see.....again my apologies and thanks for helping.

Last edited by connersdad19; 06-08-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:35 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Please, make a fool of me for all to see if I'm wrong, but couldn't he also just add 2" Rear Shackles and Crank his T-Bar +2" to clear the 31"s? Then his 2" BL would allow for the 4" he had hoped for?

Old 06-09-2009, 02:43 AM

yes he could, but with a 2" crank on the tbars he'll be changing his cv shafts more times than good ole Brett Favre changes his mind. he'll likely run into the same problem with the cv's if he chooses the RC 2" suspension lift, a body lift IMO is a perfect choice if your goal is to fit 31's because your suspension wont be affected one bit.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:17 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Ah true true. Pft! Who need CVs any way...

Quick Reply: 2000 Chevrolet Blazer