Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

2in body lift questions

Old 02-03-2009, 09:10 PM
jdcool4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2in body lift questions

I have to questions about puttin on a 2 in body lift onto my blazer.One is that i hear you cantrun a class 3 hitch beacuse of the new bumper mounts has any one notices a way to cut the monts to fit on or around the hitch or a way i can make custom brackets to make them work . And the other is that i have put on gabriel load carryer coil over shocks and i noticed that the upper part of the shock mounts into the body and i donno if my shocks will be long enough after the lift. Has any one put on a body lift with these shocks.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:17 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough
Default RE: 2in body lift questions

not sure about the hitch but adding a body lift wont affect your shocks. all your doing is lifting the body off the frame. So nothing will change suspension wise

Old 02-03-2009, 09:21 PM

I under stand that lifting the body off the frame part but its been about a year scince i put my shocks in. but if i remember right the top body mounts are built into the body. if im right then when you lift the body it would be 2 inches further away from the bottom shock mounts.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:24 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

nope the shocks are not connected to the body in any way

Old 02-03-2009, 09:25 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

go get a pic of this shock mount built into the body

and yea you can just cut the bumper bracket off the hitch, and reweld it 2' higher. Thats what im doing to mine once I actually put the thing in the back to actually take it [:@]

Old 02-03-2009, 09:30 PM

ight thanks i guess when i get the kit ima have to pull off the rear bumper. and do some custom work cuz i still need my hitch. im sure there is some way i can make the new brackets work.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:50 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

not with a class 3.

The kit bracket uses the 2 bolts closest to the shackle, and slopes up immediately. There is no way to use the kit bracket with the hitch still on. The only way to use both would be cut the kit bracket down to fit over the hitch parts, then notch the bumper to such a degree that the hitch will stick half out the bottom of it, and then you would only attach the bumper with the upper 2 bolts to the mangled kit bracket. Not an optimal setup..

Old 02-04-2009, 08:22 AM
basketballmail2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you draw in to which bolts will be used by the kit? I am assuming the pic is the bracket from the class 3 hitch, I'm having a hard time imagening how the stuff looks like, sorry Without welding the brackets together after cutting them up, isn't there any way to overlap them and use longer bolts ? Again I've probably got it wrong

Thnks

Old 02-04-2009, 11:41 AM
BF Veteran

Yea ill get a pic of my bumper installed with the kit bracket. Theres no away around it with longer bolts because of the bracket on the hitch itself.

the only thing I could think that might work is flipping the brackets (kit left gets installed on right side), and then using long bolts and HD spacers at the frame mount...but if it even fits..which I doubt it does...It will probably subtract alot from the strength of the hitch, muchless the bumper.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:56 AM
Starting Member
SockJock is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got a different class 3 hitch and it didn't mount up quite the same. Didn't cause any issues when I did my body lift(other than the 2" gap between the bumper and hitch) and the shocks actually mount to a crossmember attached to the frame so no issues there either. I've got the load sensing shocks too.
ps...nice 3Leaf shackles WolfPack

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2in body lift questions