Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

33s without lift?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 07:55 AM
fitrider150 is on a distinguished road
Default 33s without lift?

i have a 94 blazer fullsize and i was wondering if i could fit 33in tires on it without having to do a lift? it has 30s right now with 15in rims. or will i have to get a lift? if so should i get a leveling kit, lift, or just a body lift?

Old 02-02-2010, 08:01 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

LOL....simple answer: Hell no.

NVANZEE has 33's on his truck and he has roughly 9" of lift and he still has rubbing issues. I understand he also did some pretty major trimming. You cant even fit 31's without a tbar crank and shackle lift let alone 33's. You're looking at a MAJOR lift project if you want 33's.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:06 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

NO fenders = 33's?

Old 02-02-2010, 08:30 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

how would you plan on fitting the rears though?
You'd also need rims with a smaller backspacing like cragars with 4". Otherwise you'd never fit the 33's because of the frame rails...

Old 02-02-2010, 09:28 AM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sisk
LOL....simple answer: Hell no.
oh ye of little faith. have you not heard of a cutoff wheel, sawzall and torch. heck yeah they will fit.

i actually had 35s on a 85 with no lift 10 wide rims with way offset on them. besides cv joints breaking left and right i had no problems with it

but yeah without that good luck. i got a 93 now with about 9 inches of lift and 33s and they have hit a few times

Old 02-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Starting Member
bigjon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, so the answer is no unless you don't mind blowing parts all the time and hacking your blazer to where it is almost unrecognizable from the side lol!
Edit:
Sorry just read it was a full size judging by the distance on my brothers silverado from the fender to the tire with 30 inch tires, yeah you may be able to do it with some slight trimming.

Last edited by bigjon1; 02-02-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:44 AM
BF Veteran

haha whoops. I just noticed it was a full sized too. That's my bad. You might actually get away with squeezing them in there then.

and abig, the 1st gen blazers were a lot easier to fit bigger tires then the 2nd gens. but again, I neglected to notice it was a 94 FULLSIZE. That's my bad for not reading...

Old 02-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Starting Member
bigjon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah and stock size on a full size is like 31.5 or so

Old 02-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fitrider150
i have a 94 blazer fullsize
Come on guys, pay attention! LOL

It seems pretty universal though that to step up to 33x12.5 tires, you will need to go with a body or suspension lift. The common number tossed around the internet for 33's to fit under the IFS fullsize trucks is 3" BL or SL.

32's will fit with some minor clearancing and/or a torsion bar crank. It depends on how the truck is sitting now.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:50 PM
BF Veteran

At least I can have some comfort in knowing that I wasn't the only one thinking it wasn't a full sized . Sorry to the OP.

Quick Reply: 33s without lift?