Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

3in body lift questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 07:18 AM
sIcK dAiLy DrIvEr! is on a distinguished road
Default 3in body lift questions

i am putting a 3 in body lift on my 96 4 dr blazer and i just wanna know what kind of problems do people typically run into upon doing this. and also what other types of things will i have to buy to make it right (ground straps, gas filler neck ext, ect.) if someone would let me know i would appreciate it. by the way... it already has a 2.5 in suspension lift (aal and t-bars) also if anyone cares you can just call me joker.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

First off you are in the Lowering Tech section. This question should be in the Lifted section. The only issue you will run into is the bumper brackets. You will have to modify or create your own bumper relocation brackets. As for the 3" pucks that are included with the kit, I'm not 100% sure if the first gen's have the same amount of body mounts as the second gens do. People have done this on other forums and never posted any issues other than the bumper brackets.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moved to Lifting Tech* Thanks for "reporting" the post *()*...

Old 04-24-2010, 09:41 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah there doesn't seem to be a lot of diffrence between the 3 inch lift on the 1st and 2nd gens. Don't know why they don't market it as fitting. But everything you need should be in the kit if you get a quality kit.

Since it's made for a first gen thier will be things you won't use. Such as the shifter linkage, which has to be welded in on the 1st gens, the 2nd uses a cable and won't need that part. I got my 3 inch on amazon.com, it was a Performance Accessories body lift and had everything except bumper brackets and gap guards for under $100 shipped. The ground strap on mine I just undid it and moved it up some and redrilled and mounted it up higher. Wasn't absolutley neccesary in my case, but was a little to tight for my liking.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:53 AM

well i am buying this kit from a friend and he just told me that there is no bumper brackets. all there is are the pucks and the hardware. so if some one could post me up a pic of the brackets i will need to make/buy that would be nice. btw thanks so far for the help

Old 04-25-2010, 05:41 PM

Just pucks and hardware? My kit had;
Spacers for the 4wd actuators, fuel filler neck extension and screw rings for it, throttle linkage extension, clutch cable extension, and the body pucks and bolts.
But all you'll need besides the pucks and bolts is a fuel filler neck extension. Just get a 3 inch section of stainless steel pipe, just a smidge smaller than your rubber filler neck. And a screw ring, like what secures your radiator hoses in place. Actually two of them.

The bumper brackets are just that. You can look at your factory ones and see if you can cut them up and make them the way you need them. I can't find a pic of any that anyone has made or modified. And I'm not familar with 2nd gen blazers at all. You could go to a speed shop/4x4 shop/fab shop and show them your brackets and say you want them or another set made that would have a 3 inch raise. A 4x4 shop in my area said he would make some for $20 a bracket. That's what I'm gonna have done on my 92.
Just KEEP IN MIND, that you can no longer tow with your bumper after it is raised, cause the brackets won't be as strong as factory. They are for looks only.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Beginning Member
98odgblazer is on a distinguished road

i like my blazer without the bumper brakets as the tail gates high and the bumpers lower

Old 04-30-2010, 04:14 PM
busterbrown1976 is on a distinguished road

other than previously mentioned problems that i can think of is the lower portion of your radiator shroud. unless you just take the shroud off completely. you will have to lower it as well

Old 04-30-2010, 07:30 PM

Can't you just trim to radiator shroud? That's what I did on mine, or is the setup on the second gen diffrent?

Old 05-01-2010, 04:35 PM

yea well i dont have to worry about the radiator shroud cause when inwas out whhelin i ripped it off in a mud hole or something cause its gone. lol. well i would like to see some pics of the bumper brackets. even if they are for a 2 in lift. i have know idea what they look like. but thatnks for all ur help so far. sonds like its going to be an easy weekend project.

Quick Reply: 3in body lift questions