Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

3inch Body Lift Second Gen

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 07:40 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default 3inch Body Lift Second Gen

I have been looking and all kits are just 2".......

Just curious...

Old 10-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

U have to get a first gen kit and make your own bumper brackets. Come on Will, this has been asked before...lol... Newb!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Old 10-06-2010, 08:24 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
U have to get a first gen kit and make your own bumper brackets. Come on Will, this has been asked before...lol... Newb!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Well I was not certain, and I had seen the first gen kit used... but my brushguard mounts at the bumper top mounts, and yea, thats probably gonna F stuff up.....

Anyone have a picture with a 3 inch body lift on a second gen with the bumpers at stock?

Lol

Old 10-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Starting Member
Swain is an unknown quantity at this point

It will definitely look stupid with the bumpers 3" down but look at how are bumpers bolt on it would be stupid simple to make it work. I think Taymackjack?? was his name he had a white 2nd gen with a 3" bodylift looked really nice. For the front just use some 1x3" or 3" square tube steel to lift the bumper up and at the back you definitely have room to drill the stock bracket to lift it 2" but maybe even 3" its been awhile since I did mine though. If your brushguard bolts on where the stock towhooks go too you could get a piece of 3/16" or 1/4" steel to raise that up 3" too it would be really simple.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:36 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Swain
It will definitely look stupid with the bumpers 3" down but look at how are bumpers bolt on it would be stupid simple to make it work. I think Taymackjack?? was his name he had a white 2nd gen with a 3" bodylift looked really nice. For the front just use some 1x3" or 3" square tube steel to lift the bumper up and at the back you definitely have room to drill the stock bracket to lift it 2" but maybe even 3" its been awhile since I did mine though. If your brushguard bolts on where the stock towhooks go too you could get a piece of 3/16" or 1/4" steel to raise that up 3" too it would be really simple.
My brushguard mounts to the bottom and the top bumper brackets....

The issue is that if I move everything up, I would have to adjust and modify the brushguard.... But you gotta pay to play....

I was almost thinking a filler between the front bumper.... the back bumper would need to be raise though...

Old 10-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Starting Member
Swain is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya but if you took say a piece of 1/4" flat bar that was 4" tall and drilled the holes 3" apart u could mount your brackets onto it then mount it onto the frame. Then the top is going to line up with the top bumper mounts as well. All you get to lift the front bumper in the kit is a 2" piece of square steel and it sits on the body then the bumper sits on it and a bolt goes through from the top. So you get a piece of 3" steel instead and you'll be set. For the back you can lift it up 2" for sure with the stock brackets I will have to look tomorrow to see if there would be room for anymore...but the bumper being 1" lower in the back wouldn't look too bad I would say.

Oh and if you just did a filler in the front then your brushguard would be 3" lower then your headlights haha. Post up some pictures of how the brushguard mounts at the frame and I bet we could come up with an idea of how to fix it for very cheap(think $20)

Last edited by Swain; 10-08-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:56 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by wlorton
Well I was not certain, and I had seen the first gen kit used... but my brushguard mounts at the bumper top mounts, and yea, thats probably gonna F stuff up.....

Anyone have a picture with a 3 inch body lift on a second gen with the bumpers at stock?

Lol
look in my garage Will, my 2002 has a 3" BL & the bumpers are at stock height. I'm going to make some fillers for between the bumpers & body & get them powder coated. Another issue I've noticed a LOT is with the 3" BL getting a front grill guard is a PITA. I ordered a grill guard without headlight brush guards just because of the fact the headlights are 3" above stock so any brush guards will cut the headlights in half at best.
Also lifting the rear bumper can cause issues towing because the hitch is incorporated into the rear bumper brackets.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:33 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rottidog
look in my garage Will, my 2002 has a 3" BL & the bumpers are at stock height. I'm going to make some fillers for between the bumpers & body & get them powder coated. Another issue I've noticed a LOT is with the 3" BL getting a front grill guard is a PITA. I ordered a grill guard without headlight brush guards just because of the fact the headlights are 3" above stock so any brush guards will cut the headlights in half at best.
Also lifting the rear bumper can cause issues towing because the hitch is incorporated into the rear bumper brackets.
few questions for you....
1.) fuel filler, did it reach, did you have to extend it?
2.) oil filter had to be dropped i am assuming, looks easy
3.) any wires not reach? or anything else need to be modded for 3"?

not thread jacking just getting more info for ya
my 2" body is still 3 weeks away, think I might just get a 3"

Old 10-15-2010, 08:41 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

The lift was on the truck when I got it 2 years ago. I'm not sure about the filler neck but I'd assume it did need to have an extension put in. Oil filter is in the stock location but I'll check tomorrow to make sure. & all the wires, brake lines etc should have enough reach to make it without any issues. The only issues were the bumper bracket issues mentioned above, which I'm going to circumvent ... wow beer DOES make me thmarter lol... hope that helps & I'll update saturday.
Remember, a 3" body lift (BL) were for 1st gen blazers/S10's, there aren't any around (that I know of) for 2nd gen, only 2" so keep that in mind depending on your ride

Last edited by Rottidog; 10-15-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Starting Member
tedro64 is on a distinguished road
Default 3 inch body lift

I have a2000 s-10 blazer and need a 3inch body lift.All kits seem to be 2inch lifts I was reading that you can use a older blazer lift and modify it a bit and make it work.But what year kit do you need to order .Any help with this would be a big help.

Quick Reply: 3inch Body Lift Second Gen