Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lifting Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/)
-   -   3inch Body Lift Second Gen (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lifting-tech-44/3inch-body-lift-second-gen-49936/)

Rottidog 10-27-2010 09:48 PM

a 1st gen BL kit "should" work with a 2nd gen blazer but the bumper brackets etc ^read above^ & look in my garage, thats a 3" BL without the bumper brackets... if you use them (bumper brackets - if they fit) towing can be an issue because the bumper brackets are incorporated with the hitch & they say thats a No No

tncspoor 10-30-2010 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by tedro64 (Post 374354)
I have a2000 s-10 blazer and need a 3inch body lift.All kits seem to be 2inch lifts I was reading that you can use a older blazer lift and modify it a bit and make it work.But what year kit do you need to order .Any help with this would be a big help.

Any body lift you do on your truck is going to cause some sort of problem. I've found this out. I put a 2" on my '96 Blazer so I could fit 31" tires.. and after a year of driving it, my serp. belt finally rubbed a hole in my lower radiator hose. If there was a 3" on there, I'm not even sure I could adjust the hose to make it clear. Other than that... lowering the oil pump so the fan wont hit it, removing the lower fan shroud, extending the fuel tank filler neck, and lifting the bumpers... it's a smooth operation!

69chevelle 10-30-2010 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by tncspoor (Post 374884)
Any body lift you do on your truck is going to cause some sort of problem. I've found this out. I put a 2" on my '96 Blazer so I could fit 31" tires.. and after a year of driving it, my serp. belt finally rubbed a hole in my lower radiator hose. If there was a 3" on there, I'm not even sure I could adjust the hose to make it clear. Other than that... lowering the oil pump so the fan wont hit it, removing the lower fan shroud, extending the fuel tank filler neck, and lifting the bumpers... it's a smooth operation!

my rad hose clears... and dropping the oil fileter was easy. haven't got around to fuel filler or bumpers yet front is easy, rear is a little more of a challange though. The way I am raising mine won't be difficult(utilizing the hitch and raising that as well:D). fan shroud isn't hard either, but going with e-fan's anyways.

Rottidog 10-30-2010 10:16 PM

My b/l was there when I got the blazer so I didn't think of the:
lower rad hose (yes an issue) but just is tweaked a bit
oil filter looked to be an easy fix by loosening bolts & moving the plate in the slots
front bumper brackets ARE an issue with mine, but it has a 1st gen 3" b/l so the bumpers are at stock height
rear bumper brackets ARE an issue for the cosmetic reasons (fugly gap) & that the receiver/hitch bracket is part of the rear bumper bracket. They have a warning that 'you cannot tow with the stock receiver if you add bumper brackets from a lift kit'
Seeing as in the summer I haul a boat & trailer around 3000lbs or so, thats not an issue I want.
So I'll fabricate some fillers from checker plate & get them powder coated & retain the stock bumper heights
filler neck - I'm not sure but it looks stock, just repositioned
brake lines are fine as well, steering geometry etc
lower rad housing is non existant because they had the stock clutch fan when I got it, I could get another lower rad housing from a yard & fit it as I have an e-fan in place

a lot of little things that make it "your project" & the way you correct/take care of them, but it's all do'able

FYI: if you're thinking of a grille guard with brush guards for the headlights... think again because your headlights are 2" (body lift above frame height)above stock, that means the brush guards that go over the headlights are going to be cutting into them halfway through

tncspoor 10-31-2010 02:15 AM

I'm not trying to say anywhere in here that the b/l is a bad idea.. I love mine just bc it lifted the truck enough to fit my tires without tweaking tbars and shackling it. I replaced the rad. hose today, oddly enough, this one clears by a 1/2".. I know I twisted it alittle out of the way. Typically any b/l you buy should come with a oil filter relocation bracket and brackets for your bumpers. Frankly, I don't give two turds about mine and haven't raised the bumpers, so if anyone needs the brackets I can dig them up and mail them out. The filler neck does suck, I can agree to that (again, to lazy to buy a piece of hose and extend it), but I'm just an easy going guy like that. In one of my albums there are pictures of where I lifted my truck. no big deal. Looking back, one thing I remember most troubles with is removing the center spark plug on the passenger side bc the b/l puts your oil dipstick in the way. But, thats what makes tweaking our Blazers so much fun, right?