Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

4 inches

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Starting Member
fla_blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4 inches

well i saw today a blazer with a 6 inch lift tucking 35 maybe 33 i cant recall, but it looked really clean so i desided i want to lift the front and back of my blazer 4 inches but where would i got to by shackles and adda leafs ? i dont want to do a body lift and i dont want to by from 4wheelparts, the blazer is a 2005 2door 2 wheel drive blazer 4.3 liter.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:50 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: 4 inches

you arent gonna get much more than 2" out of the front tbars.

synergyoffroad sells shackles but 3LeafFab has the coolest ones.

EDIT: WHOOPS!! didnt realize your truck was 2wd.... (idk if you mistyped or not, your name says 4x4 but the post says 2wd)

im not sure what places sell lift spindles and springs so i cant help you out much there.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:54 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Your blazer is a 2wd, well then you don't have t-bars your looking at lift spindles, springs and shocks for the front but the back is the same a a 4wd with adding leafs and longer shocks plus shackles!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Starting Member

well i like the 3 inch sackles. but with a add a leaf and the 3 inch sackles.i sould get 4 inches then in the rear, but would i have to have new shocks? and i thought i could add shackles to the front thats what someone was telling me , i just know i want 4 inches in the front and 4 inches in the back evend out, but i dont want to put a lot of money into it and i dont want to do a body lift.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:43 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

you could do a Spring-Over-Axle for the rear which would put the leaf springs above the axle like in fullsize trucks.

the only way shackles in the front would work would be if you had a solid front axle with leaf springs.

also, what makes you wanna do 4 inches? i there a certain size tire you are trying to fit?

Old 02-16-2008, 09:07 AM
Starting Member

just height stants. looks.and if i get 4 inches il propply put 33s or 31

Old 02-16-2008, 06:59 PM
95BlazerLt4wd is an unknown quantity at this point

not to be mean are anything but 35's and 33's are a fairly noticable differnce lol. and if you dont want a body lift, then shackles for the rear and lift spindles, springs, and shocks for the front. you dont have leaf springs in the front so shackles are out of the question for up there.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Starting Member

they were 33's saw it again today, but hes got a 6 inch lift with 33s and i dont really like the 6inch with 33s so i was thinking just a little smaller 4 inch with 33s.plus his is a zr2. and i just have a basic 2 wheel drive it just im soo jealuse becouse we basicly have the same blazer both pewter both 2 door at first i didint think it was a zr2 becouse he took off the stickers and he has different rims and he took the back wheel off.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Starting Member

well if i go ahead and get the 6inch body lift will the 6 inch superlift blazer zr2 kit fit the reg blazer 2wd?.

if not where can i get a 6 inch lift for a 2 door non zr2 blazer? also aslong as its a 2nd gen blazer doesint really matter about year just aslong as its a 2nd gen like can say 01 parts fit 2005?

Old 02-19-2008, 11:19 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

6 inch body lift does not exist, and if it did it would be rediculously dangerous not to mention look extremely bad..........

Quick Reply: 4 inches