Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

96 blazer 2" body lift question

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 11:03 PM
Starting Member
bdemutis is on a distinguished road

Thanks Warthog and Tibby what is a good body lift and chestypuller I already installed a 3" shackle and t-bar cranked I'm not spending 2k plus for a 6" lift or doing a SAS right now so if you know a cheaper suspension lift that will go higher for less than $300 I would love to know lol. So what company is good I was looking at the rough country body lift kit.

Last edited by bdemutis; 03-29-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:52 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by bdemutis
Thanks Warthog and Tibby what is a good body lift and chestypuller I already installed a 3" shackle and t-bar cranked I'm not spending 2k plus for a 6" lift or doing a SAS right now so if you know a cheaper suspension lift that will go higher for less than $300 I would love to know lol. So what company is good I was looking at the rough country body lift kit.
A lot of guys on this forum, including me, run the Performance Accessories 2" body lift. Keep your eyes peeled for a deal on Craigslist too.

And since you have already cranked your t-bars and have shackles on the back, you could potentially do a ball joint flip and add a ball joint spacer to create an extra inch or so of lift. Be warned about the ball joint flip and spacer method, it puts added stress on the bolts so a reinforcing plate is necessary.

95-97 PA 2" body lift for example on Amazon 95-97 PA 2" body lift for example on Amazon

Ball Joint Flip Discussion

Old 04-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Starting Member

Could I use the one on rough country for the 94 blazer the only difference I would see in the 2" body lift would be no number bracket am I right?

Old 04-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Just get the one meant for your truck, it'll for sure have everything you need to do it right otherwise you might end up with the wrong number of body mounts and the bumper brackets for sure won't work.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Jamaroon
Just get the one meant for your truck, it'll for sure have everything you need to do it right otherwise you might end up with the wrong number of body mounts and the bumper brackets for sure won't work.
Well I heard the k5 blazer mount will work I was going to buy the the 94 one just because it was way cheaper and it didn't come with a bumper bracket. Honestly the only difference I see is it doesn't come with the bracket I looked at the parts on PA's website and the kits look exactly the same one is just less money on rough country. Part number for the 96 is 132 and for the 94 is 542. I really don't see a difference at all in the kit on PA's website I see a kit for the s-10' that goes from 94 all the way up to 97 models.

Last edited by bdemutis; 04-01-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:32 PM

There are more pieces to the kit that just than the blocks and bumper brackets. How are you going to lift the bumper without the brackets anyway?

You could also just buy individual blocks for cheaper than that other kit too, but then you're left having to figure out everything else, as you would be by buying the wrong kit.

94 Blazer is different than 94 S10. Blazer was still old body style, S10 was new body style

Old 04-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Starting Member

There are more pieces to the kit that just than the blocks and bumper brackets. How are you going to lift the bumper without the brackets anyway?

You could also just buy individual blocks for cheaper than that other kit too, but then you're left having to figure out everything else, as you would be by buying the wrong kit.

94 Blazer is different than 94 S10. Blazer was still old body style, S10 was new body style
The kit on PA says s-10 94-97 and the kit on rough country says s-10 year 82-94 so both are s-10 kits never said I was getting a regular blazer kit. I would make the brackets in my garage or maybe weld onto the original brackets.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:43 PM

Can you clarify what kit you want to buy? And the prices you have found?

You have a 96 blazer correct? you have said a 94 blazer kit, and then mentioned a K5 kit

I also didn't realize how much simpler pre-98 kits look. making things work might not be so bad. I didn't want to waste my time trying to make things work for mine so I bought the right kit.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Starting Member

Can you clarify what kit you want to buy? And the prices you have found?

You have a 96 blazer correct? you have said a 94 blazer kit, and then mentioned a K5 kit

I also didn't realize how much simpler pre-98 kits look. making things work might not be so bad. I didn't want to waste my time trying to make things work for mine so I bought the right kit.
1982-1994 S-10/15 Blazer/Jimmy
2" Body Lift Part # BL542 This one is $117 and the only thing it dosnt have is a bumper bracket witch I will make.

1995-1997 S-10/15 Blazer/Jimmy
2" Body Lift Part # BL132 This one is $161

They are both s-10 kits and if you go on PA's site they have a s-10 blazer kit that fits 94-97 that's why I was wondering can I get away with the 94 kit because it is for a s-10 blazer and cheaper.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by bdemutis
1982-1994 S-10/15 Blazer/Jimmy
They are both s-10 kits and if you go on PA's site they have a s-10 blazer kit that fits 94-97 that's why I was wondering can I get away with the 94 kit because it is for a s-10 blazer and cheaper.
This is the sentence that's getting me.

So you're thinking because one says 82-94 and the other 94-97 that they are interchangable becasue they both say they work on 94's?

The kit that's for the 94-97 is for the S-10, S-10 kits will be 82-93,94-97 and 98-04. Blazer kit's will be 82-94, 95-97 and 98-05. They didn't switch body styles at the same time, that's why they say different years in the listings.

The PA-132 lift is $144 on Synergy, and might be able to find it cheaper than that somewhere else.

To me a maximum of $40 difference isn't worth the potential time, hassle and frustration that might result from buying a lift not meant for your truck.

I considered buying the 95-97 lift for my 99 because it was $90 cheaper but I'm glad I didn't. I was advised by a friend who had done his already it wasn't worth the hassle, so I took his advice.

Quick Reply: 96 blazer 2" body lift question