Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

About to buy suspension, help with budget

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 08:24 PM
stevenf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default About to buy suspension, help with budget

I want about a 3" lift for the front and 2" for the back. The 2" shackles will get the job done for the back. I will crank the tbars about 1" to level it, then I will need an extra 2" for the front. How would you guys do this? Can I just buy 2" air shocks for the front and max them out with my compressor?

Old 04-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Default RE: About to buy suspension, help with budget

I just found a thread that explained about the keys lifting higher then the stock keys. With the t-crank and the rear shackles, How much faster will the cv and ball joints wear out? If I later add 3" lift shocks to it, will it help with the stiff suspension problem?

Old 04-27-2008, 09:27 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

If you get keys you will blow parts faster.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:35 PM

I was thinking to make it cheap, the only route would be cranking the stock keys to level it out, then a 2" body lift. Would it be worth it?
also, can you get a 2-3" lift if you add 2-3" lift shocks?

Old 04-27-2008, 09:46 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

If you take a stock blazer, and add a +2 shock, you will not get 2' of lift. It just doesn't work that way.

The best way to do it for you will probably be a 2' body lift and a 1' tbar crank and 1' shackles.

The cheapest way is to get new keys and go up 3' in the front and get 3' shackles in the back. But you will need the longer shocks to match the new ride height, and you will almost definitely blow out a CV in the near future. If you're running stock balljoints, those will go pretty quick as well. I had 100k on my blazer with I went up 2' and blew out a CV within 50 miles (probably due to age, the crank just pushed it over the edge). My bars are now at 1.5' and I have yet to see any problems (I replaced balljoints at 95k though).

Old 04-27-2008, 09:51 PM

ok, Where can I get 1" shackles?

Old 04-27-2008, 10:07 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Summit carries a 1/2 lift shackled as odd as that is...here but 3 leaf fab was going to start stocking the 1' shackles here. You might wanna send 'em and email, see if they're instock yet.

You might have better luck with an Add-a-Leaf kit to get the simple 1'. Summit Racing should carry them, as should 4 Wheel Parts. Search around, you'll find em

Old 04-27-2008, 10:18 PM

I just measured the height and the front sits 1.5" lower then the back, so if I crank the keys 1.5" and then a 2" body lift, it would be level. Why are you suggesting the 1" shackles? just curious.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:26 PM

also, since my lift will be 3.5"/2", I plan on putting on 31x10.5 tires. Will I have problems?

Old 04-28-2008, 12:59 AM
BF Veteran

I only suggested 1' shackles/tbar to go with the 2' body lift to give you your desired 3' of lift.

and it's really going to be a 3.5/2 lift....if you get a 2' shackle kit and 2' body lift, it's more commonly referred to as a 2+2 lift rather than a 4' lift. But it's just how you call it .

You should be able to clear those tires just fine.

Quick Reply: About to buy suspension, help with budget