Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

anyone ever lift a ZR2 not using a kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:45 PM
hazenf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone ever lift a ZR2 not using a kit?

Hey,

I'm just wondering if anyone has done a suspension lift for a blazer or s10 zr2 without using a superlift, performance accessories or BDS lift...as in got independent leaf packs, or did a spring over axle, and then had some a arms or something made. The kits offered for the Zr2 won't fit my long travel need, so I'm just wondering what kind of position I'd be getting myself into by starting this job.

any help would be rad

Old 10-13-2008, 10:00 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: anyone ever lift a ZR2 not using a kit?

You'd need new fenders long before thinking about a long arm kit up front. On top of that, to get longer travel, you'd need upgraded CV axles, and some sort of balljoint that wont blow out at full flex.

A SOA in the back will give you about 4'-5' of lift. The problems going to be needing a front differential drop to match the lift...thennnnn you need higher pinion axles and drive shafts.

Have you considered buying a jeep?

But really...it can be done, but it takes alot of work....Alot more work than it's usually worth. That's why most guys trying to get more lift will go with a complete solid front axle swap.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:24 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

X2 what Wolfpack said. The "only" non-production suspension lift on a ZR2 that I know of is a SFA. Although, I know of two companies at the moment producing such kits. Not to include the axle, of course.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:27 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Next step: Portal Axles on a Blaze

Old 10-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Beginning Member
mpaczosa23 is an unknown quantity at this point

What are the names of those two companies making axel swap kits for blazers?

Marcus in Nebraska

[IMG]local://upfiles/9457/8E2756CB8EF742E0A44500E15E981EA0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-14-2008, 03:11 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Next step: Portal Axles on a Blaze
[sm=goodidea.gif] That would be sick! Maybe even 2 1/2 ton rockwells??

Old 10-14-2008, 09:22 PM
BF Veteran

What are the names of those two companies making axel swap kits for blazers?
3 Leaf Fab has one in testing but it's only tagged for 1st gens. They say it SHOULD work for a 2nd gen, but they only work with 1st gens so they can't advertise it.

Diversified Creations is in what I would guess to be final testing? It is ZR2 only though. Peterson's will have a write up on the install in their January issue with VERNO's truck [8D]

Old 10-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Beginning Member

What is the differance with a ZR2 and just aLS 2drblazer, besides the front suspension? If that is the only differance would that make a differance since you would be tearing all of that IFS parts out for the solid axel?

Marcus in Nebraska

Old 10-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There are other differences (covered in other threads), but if you were to go for a SFA swap, it really would not matter.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Beginning Member

I founda place that makes a front axel kit for 2nd gen blazers with a leaf spring set-up.A company called Sky Offroad Design and it is rather affordable also.

Marcus in Nebraska

Quick Reply: anyone ever lift a ZR2 not using a kit?