Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

BDS or Trail Master

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Andrew is on a distinguished road
Default BDS or Trail Master

Hello,

New here, think this is my first post. I've been browsing the forums for the last couple of weeks and have found tons of great information.

I recently bought a 2 dr 2000 blazer and am considering lifting it. It's pretty clear that the 2" shackle/t-bar crank really isn't the best way to go about it, although it seems to be the cheapest.
I want to do a suspension lift and have narrowed it down to 2 potential lift kits.

Trail Masters 4" front and rear - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRA-C45SSV/

BDS 5" front, 4.5" rear lift kit

Tire clearance isn't the issue and 4" is all I really need. I'm looking for some insight from some other members who have experience with either of these kits and could suggest one over the other. The difference in cost doesn't play a factor either, it's more the quality of the final product. So if you do have any knowledge pertaining to either of these kits or another kit in the 4" range please speak up as I am all ears.

Thanks

Andrew

Last edited by Andrew; 03-12-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:48 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I think most people on here with larger lifts rock the 6 in superlift

Old 03-12-2010, 06:30 PM

ahh ok thanks, that's to bad I was hoping for some feedback on the 4" lift prior to picking one out.

Old 04-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Beginning Member
doublearon is on a distinguished road

I have the Trail master lift on my 99 4 dr 4wd. It was a PITA! well, not for me personally, I paid someone to do it for me since I was living overseas at the time. I had them start on the lift before I returned to the States on vacation and almost two weeks while I was home on vacation, the guy finally finished it up. Mainly he had some problems with getting help from his co worker but whatever. From what I could tell, the rear was simple. You pretty much moved the leaf springs down. The front though, required some cutting and welding. By the time it was over, I paid more in labor than the damn kit cost. Had about $3500 in it all in all. Got to drive it for a day in a half then my rear end went out! lol.....damn bad luck. Its all fixed and is great to drive. The only thing is, I need more rubber. The tires I still have are 30x9.50, I need some 33s if nothing else 32s. There will be some pics to post here soon. I have had a tremendous amount of work done to it, but had to put it on hold for a while until after my wedding next month.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:52 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Go with the 5" BDS kit. It's a really nice kit, very easy install and all the parts come with the kit versus the superlift kit which always has something missing.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:45 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have decided to go with the bds kit. I read the TM kit doesn't keep the same angles of the front end after the install as well. So that's enough for me to spend the extra money on the bds system.