Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

bigger shocks with shackles and Tbar crank????

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Beginning Member
BlazHerZR2 is on a distinguished road
Default bigger shocks with shackles and Tbar crank????

i have shackles and im going to be cranking my tbars do i need bigger shocks as like 2 inch lift shocks please someone tell me before i install today and im fliping my ball joints soo any imputs

Old 09-24-2011, 04:39 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

i did the crank and shackles and im still on my stock shocks. good luck with the shackles though. mine were a pain. soak them in partsblaster a couple days ahead if you can.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:47 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

i have the same lift and im on stock shocks

I agree with litter bug spray them a few days before

I sprayed mine for 1 week and they came out like spreading butter on bread =P
if you have an air hammer with the pointy point you can use that to knock the bolts off

Im looking to change my shocks next year if they last intill then i was wondering what would happen if i used a bit longer ones

Old 09-24-2011, 08:28 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I would suggest upgrading to longer shocks. I actually had to unbolt my shocks in order to install my shackles because they wouldn't allow the axle to fall down far enough (only a half inch short though)

I keep meaning to get some new ones

Old 09-25-2011, 05:09 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

You'll be fine. I've been running 2" shackles and the tbar crank for about 4 years now and have maxed out the flex more than a few times. The stock Bilsteins are doing just as well as when the ZR2 was new.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Beginning Member

thanks for the inputs guys yes i soaked EVERYTHING a couple days prior and then on D-day haha and while i was doing them.... nothing a HUGE snapon breaker bar, inpact gun and a snapon air hammer couldnt handle everything went as smooth as possible for bolts that havent moved in 11 years

also im getting these goodies to raise her up some more let me know what ya think

Superlift Torsion Bar Keys for S10 Blazer Sonoma (including ZR2) - Synergy Offroad

Superlift 85146 Superride Shocks for 2" Lift ZR2

anyone order off this site before???

Last edited by swartlkk; 09-25-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:06 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

i would just try cranking the tbars up first. You might be able to get the height your looking for without buying the keys. it depends on how much the tbars are sagging though

Old 09-25-2011, 10:54 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
I would suggest upgrading to longer shocks. I actually had to unbolt my shocks in order to install my shackles because they wouldn't allow the axle to fall down far enough (only a half inch short though)

I keep meaning to get some new ones
Ditto. I use mine off-road and saw that they limited my suspension travel. I went with ProComp ES3000's on mine. Worked like a charm. Great ride and awesome price from 4wheelparts.com. If you stick to the pavement, the stock shocks should work.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:49 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BlazHerZR2
thanks for the inputs guys yes i soaked EVERYTHING a couple days prior and then on D-day haha and while i was doing them.... nothing a HUGE snapon breaker bar, inpact gun and a snapon air hammer couldnt handle everything went as smooth as possible for bolts that havent moved in 11 years

also im getting these goodies to raise her up some more let me know what ya think

Superlift Torsion Bar Keys for S10 Blazer Sonoma (including ZR2) - Synergy Offroad

anyone order off this site before???
Great guy that runs the site, I've ordered from him many times in the past.

But, save your money. You don't need new keys or shocks. Your stock Bilsteins are more than up to the task.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Beginning Member

i ordered the stuff i cant get to my last slot on my shackles with stock shocks plus my t-bars sag a little i think they were cranked already

Quick Reply: bigger shocks with shackles and Tbar crank????