Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

biggest lift?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Beginning Member
mikes93s10blazer is on a distinguished road
Default biggest lift?

I have a 1993 s10 blazer and I'm wondering what is the biggest lift kit available? I've seen a few 5 inch kits, but I would like something larger. Also if I installed a 5 inch suspension and a 3 inch body lift, what is the largest size tire I could reasonably fit under it? Thanks for the input

Old 05-04-2009, 10:16 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

It got cut off but here's a good start to your questions:

https://blazerforum.com/forum/suspension-tech-12/lift-kit-list-16313/

Old 05-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks, but like I said, I've seen a few 5 inch kits. Also the 6 inch kit(s) on that link are for fullsize blazers. Im wondering if there is anything bigger. And with a 5 inch plus a 3 inch body, how big can I go tire wise?

Old 05-05-2009, 02:09 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

im going to stop you for a second, there are two things to consider. One, how big of tires do you want? the chassis is only so long so however you look at it the tires cannot be to big that the front and rear ones rub each other. Second of all is that with enough money - anything is possible. i mean if you stack up a 6 inch suspension kit and get a machine shop to build you a custom 5 inch body lift then you would be sitting 11 inches higher - but at a large cost and of coarse lost of other modifications for everything to still work.

So in the end here is the big question for you:

How big are the tires you WANT and is it going to be a daily driven vehicle?

Old 05-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Beginning Member

Well in time I would like to go with 37s if posible, but I'm not looking to spend 5 grand on a lift. I'm not too crazy about body lifts due to the visible gaps between the body and frame. Also I've seen that the tranfer case shifter stays at its original height. Maybe the ones I've seen weren't done right?
I have also considered a solid axle swap, but I dont have a garage( that I can use anyways) or yard, and I dont know anyone with a machine shop. If some one had a true bolt-on kit, it would be a done deal. I'm just looking for something different in this world of huge full size trucks. Thanks

Old 05-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I do not believe that 37's are possible with even a 6" suspension lift and a 3" body lift... Not to mention the strain on the rest of the truck and the almost non-existent gear selection for the stock (weak) front axle...

If you want to go that big, a solid axle swap is about the only hope you have.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:03 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

6" suspension and a 3" body lift is the biggest you are gonna get "off the shelf". For more lift (or at least a different way to do it) You could do a solid front axle conversion or... Buy an old K5, remove the body and make your s10 body work on the fullsize frame.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Beginning Member
Smile

Thanks guys.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:48 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bandidolenny
6" suspension and a 3" body lift is the biggest you are gonna get "off the shelf". For more lift (or at least a different way to do it) You could do a solid front axle conversion or... Buy an old K5, remove the body and make your s10 body work on the fullsize frame.

THAT I gotta see.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Starting Member
SockJock is an unknown quantity at this point

Well since you asked.....

Same truck from the side....

You can see the build thread here....http://forums.s-series.org/viewtopic.php?t=47959

Quick Reply: biggest lift?