Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Body lift ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 03:19 AM
Starting Member
greenjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Body lift ?

i know this has been asked plenty of time and i know how ppl get when other ppl keep putting up re posts. my question is, would a 97 body lift fit on a 98? reason i asked, is because i found a 2in BL for $124.15 at suspension connection. i know that the rear bumper brackets are different, but idc, i dont want to lift the rear bumper bc of my tow hitch. 33' baby, here i come !!

Old 12-14-2009, 05:18 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Yea the body lift will work. You just have to make your own bumper brackets.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:57 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yes, as Dave said it will fit.
If you knew it was already asked and answered why would you make a new thread? And on top of that you even said you know how people get when you post questions that has already been answered. So if you knew it was already answered then why wouldn't you just read an old thread and get your answer? Please use the search feature in the future or do some research before making a post such as this.
Also, does your truck have any other lift? I don't see you fitting 33's (unless theyre really narrow) under it with just a 2" BL...

Old 12-14-2009, 09:45 AM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Sisk, there is no way you will be able to fit 33's on a blazer with only a body lift. I had to do major trimming to fit my 32's with 2in body and 2 in suspension. but it will work for lifting you r body and front bumper, not sure about the rear bumper though.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Starting Member

for sick, b/c its one of those thing that just makes someone feel better just to ask to make sure. yeah i already knew but i wasnt sure and i didnt read it here, i so it on s10fourm.
for papacope, i'm already tuckin 31's(new, not old) with no lift and i plan on running km2 33x10.5r15. i understand that u wont be able to fit 33 but every time i roll my friends tire up to mine to check, it doesnt need that much more lift to tuck um and triming doesnt scare me.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

What back space are your wheels?

Old 12-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Starting Member

i have stock rims, probably goin to keep the stockers and get some spacers if rumbing gets really bad with the 33s

Old 12-14-2009, 03:47 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Ohhhh you're that guy that claimed he fit 31's under stock height. I remember you now. You have 31's on your truck, but they're not true 31's as per the explanation by Kyle.

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Just take the picture into your favorite photo editing suite and start measuring.

I just moved in a bit from the edges of the rim (about where the machined lip ends) to account for where the bead of the tire sits (this is where the 15" rim diameter comes from). This measurement from the image is the scaled diameter of the rim. The scaled rim width divided by the actual rim (15") width gives you a scale ratio.

Then measure the overall diameter of the tire. Now, divide the scaled tire diameter by the scale ratio and, bingo, you have your tire diameter.

*EDIT* - Here is the information you need:

Back tire comparison:
rim scaled diameter = 15.38-9.69 = 5.69
scale factor = 5.69/15 = 0.379333
tire scaled OD = 18.06-7.12 = 10.94
tire OD actual = 10.94 / scale factor = 10.94 / .379333 = 28.8"

Front tire comparison:
rim scaled diameter = 15.43-9.69 = 5.74 (scaled rim diameter)
scale factor = 5.69/15 = 0.3826666
tire scaled OD = 18.12-7.12 = 11
tire OD actual = 11 / scale factor = 11 / .3826666 = 28.7"

Not that this dimensioning is exact, but shows that these tires are not 31" OD tires regardless of what the sidewall states. With these tires, the OD can vary brand to brand even though the sizing may state 31" OD, it does not mean that is what you actually have.

See here: https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...t=36091&page=4

Old 12-14-2009, 07:44 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

yeah i cant believe you have 31s with no lift. I currently have 33's BFG KM2s and i have roughly 9in of lift. They still catch the back of the front fender once in a while. So good luck with that. Make sure you take pics. If you put the 33s on you will hit a pothole or speed bump and destroy your fenders if they even make it down the road.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:37 AM
Starting Member

ok sick, the OD on those tires(ie the one in the pic) where balled bfg land terrains. i have new ones. i have GY wrangler authority. the only size that comes in a 15'' rim is 31x10.5r15. i know they aren't a full 31" most 31 measure in around 30.5 or 30.7. if i wanted a full 31, i would have bought a 32" tall tire bc the measure just over 31.5 inches or more. i call my tires and any other tire 31s bc thats what it says on the sidewall not bc i measures it. what is with you telling me that i dont have what i have when it is sitting in my driveway. "oh, he doesn't have 31s with no lift bc i have 30s with no lift so he is wrong." news flash, your 30s measure in the 29s new.whats wrong with having something that is different from the norm? my truck came factory with 235/70r15, when i moved, i put slightly over 50% used 31(ones in the pic)on her. they fit just fine (like it should have come from the factory that way). now, this past summer, i bought brand new 31 for my truck. they rumb when the front is fully flexed out and thats about it. so now when i am asking something about a body lift, why do you come back and start up with my tires again? is it really that important to you to tell me i'm wrong or something? listen bud, i a member of this forum bc this forum has nicer ppl on it than the others and bc i like looking at other blazer bc they are quit sexy to look at(gmc is better). but since i've came back, its alwayz you being a jerk. why?

anywayz, so 97 bl will fit right? thanks for the help

Quick Reply: Body lift ?