Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Body lift?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 03:46 AM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road
Talking Body lift?

I see quite a few people on here have body lifts, my question is are they worth it? What size tires are you guys running with a 2inch body lift? And which company is your body lift made/sold by? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:46 AM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road

With a 2" BL, you should be able to clear 31's with stock rims. Maybe some light trimming depending on your set up. I'm running a 2" Performance Accessory body lift.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Starting Member

Do they hold up good off road?

Old 10-25-2010, 12:44 PM

I've never had a problem, nor has anyone I know of, the lift blocks are made of high strength nylon. Just make sure everything is tight and make sure to use Loctite (comes with the PA kit) on all body mount bolts. You may also want to use something to blow all the rust out of the body mount bolt holes. Some of my stock rubber body mount bushings were cracked and I still used them with no problems yet.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:18 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

My body lift is the second best mod I've done (hidden winch being first). Install is pretty straight forward, though the directions may look daunting. There's really no difference between the PA and BDS lifts. The ebay lifts work but some may not come with the bumper brackets. Being as you live in Ohio, start spraying everything down daily for a week or more with PB Blaster before installing the lift. Air tools cut down wrenching time considerably though you can do the job with hand tools. A friend or two are very nice to have helping, also.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:33 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

I got a 3" . and love It, going to uncrank the TB's to save a bit of wear. I am running 32X11.5's on Z28 rims (15x7 with 4.5" backspacing) but going with a 33X10.5 when its time for new tires.

BDS's instructions are a little more clear(although I didn't really follow them), available on their website in PDF form, gives you an idea of what it will involve as well.

BDS includes tow hook relocation, PA does not, not sure of any other differences.

P.S. PA is Performance Accessories, which is the one I am running. a 2" locally for mine(2001) is $197(canadian) so ordering it online might not be the cheapest route, call around first.

edit: I did some trimming before the body lift and clear them with no rubbing flexed out before the body lift, in exception to the frame at full crank so my tire fitment won't be the same

Old 10-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Starting Member

Now if I get a body lift will I be able to put a brush guard on it?

Old 10-26-2010, 03:44 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mov4x4
Now if I get a body lift will I be able to put a brush guard on it?
I don't see a problem with that but you may need to fab up some new mounts for it.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:41 PM

Yeah what ^ he ^ said, the more clearance the better. I used to have a brush guard that I sold earlier this year. If I went over a speed hump (not bump) just a little too fast it would grind the ground pretty hard. If you fab some brackets to lift it 2" that would never happen on road.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Starting Member

And when you put the lift blocks in how do you fit the in the original mount locations? Do you just lift the body up with some buddys?

Quick Reply: Body lift?