Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Body lift!!!!!! Click me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Beginning Member
lovemy01ZR2 is on a distinguished road
Default Body lift!!!!!! Click me!!!!

Im wanting to buy the 2in body lift from Performance Accessories for my ZR2. Part #152.
http://www.performance4trucks.com/Li...72&t_pn=PER152

I want to buy but I was looking at the instructions...
http://www.performanceaccessories.co...ctions/152.pdf

And, it looks ridicously hard... And Im not sure if i want to try it or not. Im afraid that if I jumped into it and started it, I won't be able to get it back together or I might screw something up. Anybody installed one before?

Not sure if it's out of my league or not.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

It's not hard at all. Just follow the directions and you'll be fine. The only thing that takes a long time is removing clips to free up some items. Oh and cutting the rear bumper to fit in the new location. That was easy, i just recommend that you get some new sawzall blades.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Beginning Member

How long did it take you to install it? I've heard it's pretty much an all day event. And how much of the rear bumper did you have to cut?

On the first link, under the foot notes tab it says "ZR-2 Model Requires Modification To Steering Column Mounting Flange"
I know you don't have a ZR2 but do you know anything about that?

Old 01-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I didn't have to modify my steering column. It did take most of the day to do. So def plan an entire day dedicated to doing this body lift.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:06 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Do yourself a favor and download the instructions from BDS. More detailed and easier to follow.

Some have to do the mod for the steering column but most don't. I didn't have to but if you do it's not that bad.

Air tools help speed things up but aren't necessary. Took me and a couple of friends about 8 hours and a few beers with McD's thrown in.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Beginning Member

I went ahead and bought the Performance Accessories BL. If I got directions from the BDS would they still be compatible with the PA BL?

Old 01-21-2010, 11:47 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lovemy01ZR2
I went ahead and bought the Performance Accessories BL. If I got directions from the BDS would they still be compatible with the PA BL?
Yes, and you will be happy to have them. Just read over them, go out and identify everything in the directions, read over them again, get a good night's sleep and knock it out the next day.

Don't get antsy to finish and make sure you do every step. Once you've got the blocks in you'll be tempted. Take your time, check off each step you have completed on the instructions and you'll be fine.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:12 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Also... You don't have to cut your rear bumper.
You can simply move it rearward one bolt hole like I did mine so as to be able to still pull light trailers.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Beginning Member

Sweet! Thanks guys!

Old 01-30-2010, 08:59 AM
madsert4 is on a distinguished road

I just did mine last night, took me 5 hours start to finish using air tools. I have a 95 so the BDS instructions where a little off. And there where a few steps in the PA instructions that i did not have. And i was worried about trimming the back bumper but i did not have to. Dont know why but mine went right on.

Quick Reply: Body lift!!!!!! Click me!!!!