Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

body lift kit...what gives??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 10:02 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough
Default body lift kit...what gives??

ok, obvious question time...

both these kits are off summit sit...
why the big price dif??
i count the body spacers/hardware...looks close to me...is the 100.00 dif for bumper mounts??

what am i missing??

94 and earlier

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PR...Drivetrain|4WD

98-2001

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PR...ER&prefilter=1

Old 02-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Quik is on a distinguished road

i just went thru this delima other day. I was going to go with the eariler one but i chose the proper year one incase i ran into issues. I believe main difference is the rear bumper brackets.

i didnt need to use alot of the things for my BL like brackets and etc. If i was to do it again id probably buy the cheaper one and just make my own rear brackets. However the rear brackets are nicely made

there in the directions state for specific year model however im sure if you can figure things out rather easy you should be able to figure things out

Old 02-14-2010, 10:56 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

yeah, i fig. it was for bumper mounts but 100.00 nicely made or not.....glad to know i am not the only one kicking this around.

clamps and hardware can be bought at the ol supply depot....

Old 02-15-2010, 05:54 PM
BF Veteran

both are 4wd...

i did call (no real help - just pointed out the body change...really didnt catch that one), just wondering if anyone has tried it and experience / regret.

am tight on budget (like most)....will wait if i have to to save some more for the later model kit.
but if its just mounts for bumper then...its time to fab.

i know there was a body change between those kits.
i also have read that when doing a 2" lift nothing really needs to be modified except the bumper location and the body mounts for the lift...so basically i am only getting the lift spacers for the cheaper price.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:48 PM
BF Veteran

ok, here is where they differ.

Attached Thumbnails body lift kit...what gives??-lift-kits.gif  
Old 02-15-2010, 08:02 PM
BF Veteran

ok, one more wrinkle....just found a pa lift kit for a zr2 online ...50 bucks!!!!

i compared the parts list between the 152 kit(correct one) and the zr2 192 kit (50.00)
all looks good except the 192 is short (2) 2"x3" and has extra 2"X2" blocks ..is it possible to use the 2"x2" in two locations to make up for the missing 2"x3" blocks?

i know they are not the same because of design ..surface area..stress.
just cant pass it up if i can make it work.

thanks.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:02 PM
BF Veteran

ok, picked up the 50 dollar kit ( never even used bumper hardware - bonus)....all good to go no extra parts to buy.
i did contact PA you can buy individual pieces at local dealers....i checked around my area...5.00 for 2"x3" spacer from local installer...just fyi

hope my single poster thread helps somebody...oh well.....now when to do my lift???

Old 02-16-2010, 07:43 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

pics of lift....

Old 02-16-2010, 07:47 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

The 2x2 blocks are used for the front bumper mounts. The 3x2 (used for body mounts) will not fit in the spots you need a 2x2

Old 02-16-2010, 09:52 PM
BF Veteran

no prob....here is the kit in all its 50 dollar glory...well ok a pic of when i got it....and there is the pic of contents....i gotta say i love craigslist.

some of the hardware could be cleaner, but brackets are in great shape and spacers look great....just pure luck i found this gem

Attached Thumbnails body lift kit...what gives??-0216101740.jpg   body lift kit...what gives??-0216102249.jpg  

Quick Reply: body lift kit...what gives??