Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Body Lift in progress

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Beginning Member
cueball is on a distinguished road
Default Body Lift in progress

I have begun my quest for more rode height and purchased a Performance Accessories 2" BL. Got it in the mail yesterday and started right away. I would recommend doing this with a partner as it will go much faster. First I had to remove the front grill and front bumper assembly. Then take the rear bumper completely off. Next remove the fan shroud and intake assembly along with the battery and battery tray. It says that I need to relocate the oil filter but I don't see it interfering with anything. I have tried to loosen the body mount bolts but they are very stubborn. I will have to buy a breaker bar today to help get them loose. So far I'm about 3-1/2 hours into the lift and about half way done. Any recommendation on how to get the body bolts off? I will post pics later today.....

Old 09-11-2009, 11:31 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

You will need to re-locate the remote oil filter due to the new (lower) location of the bottom half of the fan shroud.
As far as the body bolts go... an impact makes things nice but otherwise just use a long breaker bar.
Also... if you dont wanna cut up your rear bumper just slide it rearward one hole like I did mine. Looks a little funny but you can still tow trailers with it.
Good luck!

Last edited by bandidolenny; 09-11-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Beginning Member
cueball is on a distinguished road

I finished the 2" BL and now want to raise the front and back 2-3" more to make sure 31's on stock wheels will fit without rubbing or trimming. I know I want to put lift shackles on the rear, but the front I'm not sure which lift to do. My choices are a 3" coil spring lift or, a 3" spindle lift. I know with the coil lift I will have to replace the A arms and extend the brake lines. Have some question's on the choices.

Which lift is easier to do?
Can I use my stock wheels with the spindle lift?
Will the lift coils ride stiff like a board?
Do I have to get lift shocks with either lift?

Thanks for your thoughts!!!

Old 09-29-2009, 07:07 AM
Beginning Member
mosca1 is an unknown quantity at this point

i put on the 2" RC lift on mine. it came with bigger springs for the front , aal on the rear and new shocks front and back. the rear was easy, finished in about 2 hours by myself. the front on the other hand took about 2 days. ended up having to have new balljoints pressed on the bottoms and went ahead and replaced the top ones since you have to relocate the tops. took so long bc the springs were too big for the compressor i rented. it kept popping off. from what i went through i would say try the lift spindles but not sure about fittment issues. i think with the spindles your gonna need longer brakelines also. i didnt need em with the bigger springs

Last edited by mosca1; 09-29-2009 at 07:10 AM.