Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Body Lift Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 08:45 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default Body Lift Question

Hey guys,

I have been looking at a body lift for awhile now and want to get one done at the first part of next year. My original plan was to go for a 1st gen 3 inch body lift for my 2nd gen, but the bumper relocation would be a problem. So I was doing some searching and found a good possible route. Tell me what you guys think?

I was going to get the pa 2 inch body lift for the 2 gen blazer and order 3 inch lift blocks. This way, I can have my 3 inch body lift with bumper relocation included. What do you think? Here is a link to the 3 inch blocks. My other question would be do I get 2 or 3 inch WIDE blocks?

And also, where is a good place to buy shackles? I've heard eBay and Synergy off-road? I'm guessing I'll need 4 inch shackles to lift the rear 2 inches? And then turn the -tbars 1 to 1.25 inches? That sounds like a plan eh?

Old 12-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

you will still have a 1" difference to make up with the bumper because the brackets are only made for the 2" lift. Buying the 2" lift only to replace everything seems like a waste of money, you'd also need longer bolts. There isn't anything in the kit you could reuse with a 3" bl.

You would need some 2" wide and some 3" wide (i think those are the sizes) there are 2 different sizes that come in the kit.

If you want a 3", piece it together and you'll have to have something made for the rear bumper.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:28 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Jamaroon
you will still have a 1" difference to make up with the bumper because the brackets are only made for the 2" lift. Buying the 2" lift only to replace everything seems like a waste of money, you'd also need longer bolts. There isn't anything in the kit you could reuse with a 3" bl.

You would need some 2" wide and some 3" wide (i think those are the sizes) there are 2 different sizes that come in the kit.

If you want a 3", piece it together and you'll have to have something made for the rear bumper.
Dang, I completely forgot the bumper brackets were like that lol. I was tired earlier so I wasn't really thinking clearly. But I want a 3 inch lift. I guess I could go with the 2 inch body lift and then 1-1.25 in t-bar crank and 4 inch(to make a 2 inch in the back) shackles. But I was really trying to go for a 3 inch body and then the shackles and t-bar to make about 4 inches of lift. I'm so confused on what to do now. I'm back to step 1...

Old 12-13-2011, 01:08 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

The bumper isn't the only thing you would have problems with if you did a 3 inch BL on a second gen. you would have to tweak a lot of things. for instance.. fan shroud, brake lines (most likely), ground wires, gear linkage, air box, etc...