Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Body lift trailer hitch questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 09:48 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Body lift trailer hitch questions

I just recently installed a hitch on my blazer and eventually would like to put on a body lift. When i do will the hitch just be 2 in. under the bumper or will the bumper bracket keep it looking the same?

Old 07-09-2008, 10:41 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Body lift trailer hitch questions

Depends on your hitch. My hitch would not work with the body lift. If you hitch works with the kit, then yea it will be 2' lower than the body.

That's what my hitch looked like. The hitch replaced the factory bumper brackets. The problem is the body lift brackets only attach with the front 2 bolts, by the shackle. It's impossible to use my style hitch with the relocation brackets. I'm going to see about modifying the hitch to relocate the bumper and get my hitch back, but for now, I have no hitch [&o]

Old 07-10-2008, 12:48 AM
Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea I think we have the same hitch then becauseI couldn't fit mine on after the body lift, I am working on modifying the hitch right now. Its a Reese hitch I think

Old 07-10-2008, 12:49 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I've got a Uhaul I believe. No real brand markings anywhere on it, but I have the labeled 'Uhaul' 8 pin plug instead of the normal flat-4 pin.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh ok, well we have the same problem

Old 07-10-2008, 10:52 AM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you guys have the stage 3 hitch, or is it different mounting locations for the years. I have a 95 blazer with a stage 2 uhaul and I didn't have any problems.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:31 PM
BF Veteran

Hrm...dunno...what's the difference in stages? If you mean classes, then I need the Class III hitch, so I couldn't step down to the II[&o]

Old 07-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, a bit of confusion on terminology here. I do believe that stages = class.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:28 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a Curt class 3, its bolted on differently than yours. Hope it works.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:34 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I ment to say class. But I was wondering, I have a 95 blazer with a class II uhaul hitch and I had no problems when I did my body lift. So would that be because its a class II hitch or is it because mines a 95?

Quick Reply: Body lift trailer hitch questions