Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

cheap lift

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 04:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: cheap lift

actually, by adjusting the torsion bars, you are not increasing the spring rate on them at all. The ride height will go up, and you may possibly wear the balljoints even more (due to the greater angle on the control arms), but the ride should not suffer by adjusting on the torsion bars. I didn't even think about changing the shackles in the rear. I wouldn't tighten the torsion bars past 1-1/2" beyond stock (which would be about 1/4" to 3/8" worth of adjustment). You would have to make sure that there would be no interference with any of the steering/suspension/brake components upfront with this method. Make sure that all brake lines keep slack in them when the wheels are turned at full suspension droop. Also, you may have to get the camber/camber & toe-in adjusted afterwords. On the rear end, just make sure that all of the brake cables & hoses are slack at full droop with the new shackles on. Not that you will be throwing it off jumps with the new suspension, but you don't want any issues especially when you are talking about the brakes and/or steering.

By moving the tires out more (messing with the backspacing), you will get a better/meaner stance of the vehicle, but you will also be putting increased stress on the front wheel bearings.

Just things to be aware of.

Hanr3, what size (xxx-xxRxx - fill in the 'x's) tires are you running on your blazer? I want to get rid of the running boards on my Bravada and put on new larger rubber, but stick with the stock rims. Did you have to recalibrate the speedo? If so, how did you accomplish that?

Old 08-04-2005, 08:18 PM
FourX4 00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: cheap lift

thanks guys you are really helping me but my REAL question is how noticable is a 2" boy lift actually going to be? if people see me driving are the even gonan notice its lifted 2" and will 31'2 fit fine with a 2" body lift or is that jsut suspension

Old 06-13-2009, 01:24 AM
Beginning Member
latunguley is on a distinguished road
Default "Cheapo S-10 Blazer Lift"

I myself have owned many ah S-10 blazer in my day. I am always so P.O.ed at GM for coming up with this damned mess to begin with. Sucks. But hey over the years i've learned to live with the facts at hand and that is there are NO Cheap Lifts for S-10's. Yes you can Crank the sh@& out of your torsion bars as do i? And yes you can either flip the axel under the spring packs and buy new spring perches to weld ontop the axel housing? Or just go with the Good old Spring Shackle Hangle gaining up to 4" of lift in your rear end. At best to lift your front end up to even close to 4"? Go to your bank and beg for a personal loan for around the tune of between $2,279.00 to $4,000.00 just depends on how much lift you really want and who is selling it to you? Oh yeah almost forgot???? If your not qualified enough to do the 2,000.00 plus dollar install yourself? Better ask the bank for another Cool $2,000.00 for labor and minor fabricating. Sucks! I hate it. I have even asked and damn near begged folks and car dealers alike to please trade me there S-10 lift for my stock lift?? They never go for it. Hell i've even explained i'd do the labor for the lift kit and even buy brand new hardware to place my stock components inplace. No go. Thanks for reading. Wish you all well in your journey.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:52 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

$4000 for a lift??? i guess i would be upset too if i were being ripped off like that....

Old 06-13-2009, 09:41 AM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

You will notice the body lift and 31s, but if you want big, you are going to pay big. If lifts were cheap then everyone would have them.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Beginning Member
jjsmith1228 is on a distinguished road

hey can some one help me out am trying to put 33' on my s10 blazer and am thinkin about get a 3' body lift but do no know if that would work plus i do not know it u can tell of i put a 3' body lift on can someone plz help me out

so 33' would not be a good deal

so they make a 4 ' body lift kit
and were is a good place to get it from

Last edited by swartlkk; 01-20-2010 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Combining Consecutive Posts - Please use the EDIT feature to include additional information in your post if another member has not replied. Consecutive Posting is prohibited by the rules of the forum
Old 01-20-2010, 12:15 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

The year of your blazer will determine if you can get a 3 inch body lift or not. I've never seen a 4in body lift for a blazer to my knowledge. If you want to fit 33 inch tires, you're going to need more than just a body lift. I have 2 in body and 2 in suspension and had to do MAJOR trimming to fit 32in tires. You're probably going to need a 5in suspension lift in order to not cut half your truck off to fit the tires. If you are going to run 33s I would also suggest that you re gear your differentials as well.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I have a 6" lift and still had to trim my fenders to fit 33's.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:15 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

I have roughly 9in of lift and my 33s rub at full compression. So no you cant do it with only a 3in bodylift. They dont make a 4in body lift either.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:25 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

If you wanna run 33"s on an S-series then be prepared to install a 6" suspension lift... as well as a body lift and fender trimming if you actually go "off-road".

Quick Reply: cheap lift