Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

cheap lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cheap lift

i was lookin on ebay i found a 3 inch lift for my blazer. it come with the t-bars keys and lift shackles. question is if i get this lift and got get everything aligned will it be with in the spec? and not wear my tires funny?

Old 05-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: cheap lift

It won't wear your tires funny, but those keys have the ability to absolutely ruin your front end (espescially if you crank the front end up 3"). Anything much over 1" of t-bar lift is going to put an excessive amount of strain on your ball joints and CV's.

I wouldn't put those t-bar keys within 100 yards of my blazer.

Have you considered a body lift?

Old 05-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Starting Member

yea i have until my freind was in a wreck in his s10 and rolled it cuase of the body lift. what so bad about the key? im n to diesel truck pulls and i kno all kind of people who pull and have them in there trucks.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:15 PM

How did the body lift cause him to roll? Higher center of gravity?

The keys force the ball joints and CV's to operate at extreme angles.

They may work on the diesels, but not on our S-series... our front ends aren't the strongest out there to start with.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Starting Member

yeacenter of gravity and not a wide enough. he went around a turn and it had t much body roll.

yea iknow there not the strongest. but i have to do somethinive got a tire rubbing problem. ive seen people with thistype of lift withs10 and not have problems.so i think im goona do a little more reseach on it.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:05 PM

Any lift will give you that same problem. That wasn't the fault of the body lift.

Having those two inch spacers will help keep your truck stable (general rule of thumb is 2" up and 2" out, you'd be going 2" up and you're 4" out). The spacers, unfortunately, are the reason you're rubbing.

Good luck if you go with the keys, keep us informed of how your front end holds up.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Starting Member

yea i kno that why there rubbing but i like the way the tires stick out. and i think im goin go ahead with the keys. waitin for a guy i kno to back with to how well his is holdin up on his 94 blazer

Old 05-21-2007, 06:53 PM

Out of curiosity, are you still on your original ball joints/wheel bearings/cv shafts?

Old 05-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Starting Member

yea just had it at school the other day to and everything seems to b tight still so 105k all original front suspenion

Old 05-25-2007, 04:06 AM
aris_unlimited is an unknown quantity at this point

I personally would not do the keys, but that is me. And as for your friend he should have relearned how to drive it after the body lift was done. If you are practical and take it easy on it after you have it lifted, and kind of learn your boundries all over again you will be fine.

Quick Reply: cheap lift