Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Coil spring spacers

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Starting Member
Rp9110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Coil spring spacers

Anyone have these on their blazer? Link #1 Or? Link #2

From what i've been reading about them you can get 1-2" of extra clearance with them. I've been trying to find a way to lift my truck for the cheapeast cost are these worth getting? Or are they a waste of money and I should just get a suspension lift? Also are there and negatives in using them for extra clearance?

Old 02-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Starting Member
Default RE: Coil spring spacers

Think I posted this in the wrong section, could a moderator move it to Lift tech or Suspension tech please?

Old 02-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moved to Lifting Tech*

I'll also shorten those long links...

Old 02-09-2008, 09:48 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

What year is your blazer? 2wd or 4wd? I'm assuming 2wd if you are looking at anything that has to do with coil springs.... I know people who use tham on pickups, they can't be any worse on your suspension than a torsion bar crank.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:51 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

those are for a 2wd blazer.

4wd's dont use coil springs

its super cheap/easy to lift the 2wd

EDIT: argg!! a_tack beat me to it. his wheels are 4wd wheels, so im assuming he has 4wd

Old 02-09-2008, 09:55 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

If your truck is 4wd then it does not have coil springs, so they will do you no good...

anywho... any lift is hard on stock components.. 2 inch lifts are hard on your CV boots, shafts, joints, etc and also destroy your ball joints over time. Higher lifts (5-6 inch) correct these problems with differential drop brackets but in turn put excess stresss on your driveshaft and other drivetrain components, not to mention that, unless you have 3.73 gears, most blazers are not geared right for tires in excess of 31 or 32 inches.. If ground clearance is not the issue and you just want bigger tires, you might consider a body lift.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Starting Member

My blazer is 4wd, but in the second link it shows availabilty in 4x2 and 4x4? But you can only get them on 2wd trucks? Looks like I'll probably get a suspension lift and wait untill around tax return time.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:18 PM

if you go with a suspension lift and just want to go mild, I would reccomend the rough country 2 inch lift. All 2 inch lifts are just glorified torsion bar cranks, however, the rough country lift has recently been redesigned. The new upper control arms re-angle the new ball joints (which come with the kit) to prevent them from wearing out as quickly as the old design. You will still have increased CV wear but the ball joints wont be so bad..lol

and as for the availability for 2wd or 4wd, that must be a typo.. 2wd blazers have coil springs, and 4wd blazers are set up with torsion bars. The front suspension systems on a 2wd and on a 4wd are not alike.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Starting Member

Yeah, the lift kit i've been looking at was made by rough country. At one point in time I was considering a leveling kit but alot of people on the forum told me it would cause cv joints to start changing angles and cause increased wear. With a leveling kit I would have to check my front end every oil change. Think i'll go for the 2inch lift in time, is my gas mileage going to be much worse? According to the fuel ecconomy site I think my blazer gets 15 city 21 high way. Didn't see a differen't mileage chart for the blazer zr2 which is lifted 2inches so i'm guessing its not going to be a huge difference.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:30 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

which "levelling kit" were you looking at? there are basically 3 lift kits available...

2"susp: uses torsion keys and AAL in the rear.

2" or 3" body: uses blocks to seperate body from frame

5" or 6" susp: uses brackets to drop the front diff and SOA in the rear

any lift that uses the torsion bars to create lift is going to cause premature wear. the same things you described with the levelling kit.

Quick Reply: Coil spring spacers