Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

do many ways to lift? which one?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 12:05 AM
N3ROST4R is on a distinguished road
Default do many ways to lift? which one?

i apologize if i missed a thread about this but which way is the best way to lift your blazer? i have a 95 s10 ls blazer and id like to get a 2'' lift. i would like the safest way and still be as budget minded as possible. Im not necessarily gonna go off roading anytime soon but id like the option to be there. but do i use shackles? get a lift kit? air bags? and i do want to do a suspension lift not a body lift i think it looks better. also im aliitle worried about being more top heavy, how much does it really take to flip? it just makes me nervous. I know that you put bigger/wider tires to compensate but does it really help? im sorry im a noob at this and keep getting more confused.
thank you.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:38 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

ok for $50 and a few hours time you can crank your torsion bars up +2" for the front 9assuming 4wd) and buy +2" shackles. you might go a little deeper (450 more) for a set of 4 replacement bushings while you are doing the shackles (probably will have too anyway). as for a cheap 2" SL... try craigslist

thats the cheapest way. use the search function. there is no way you missed the thread on this. it has been discussed since the earlies posts i have seen from 2005....

Old 11-23-2009, 12:46 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Search t-bar crank and shackles, should cost under $50, prolly around $25. Even cheaper if you can make your own shackles.

As for being top heavy it depends on how you drive. Your not gonna be able to zip around like a f1 racer but I have a 3 inch BL with the t-bar/shackle lift on mine and its not that bad. I'm still running stock tires on mine for now. Well really I ran stockers on it but right now I'm putting an engine in it and getting 31x10.5s on my spare rims.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:40 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I agree. If you're only looking for 2" the easiest, fastest and cheapest was is to get new shackles and crank the tbars. If you're looking to spend more money and do a hell of a lot more work to it then you can pick up a 2" body lift kit for about $200.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:40 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

The only downfall with any susension lift that under 6" is it'll wear out your CV joints faster...

The reason the 6" lift doesn't is because it include front diff drop brackets.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:55 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

There's not really much point in a SL under 6" anyway IMO. You can achieve the same amount of lift (around 4-5") for 1/2 the price and work by combining a shackle lift and BL.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:01 PM
N3ROST4R is on a distinguished road

okay so doing the t-bars and shackles sounds pretty good but how much wear am i looking at as far as the cv joints? and anything else for that matter. I want to lift it but I don't want to be destroying the rest of my suspension in the process.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:02 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Just go with a body lift and you wont have to worry about your CV shafts.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Monkeyman is on a distinguished road

And supposedly, 3LeafFab (makers of some fine shackles) is having a sale in their shackles atm. About $50 for any lift size from 1" to 3".

Old 12-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Beginning Member
custom01blazer is on a distinguished road

from my experiance when you start adjusting your torsion bars, start looking to replace cv axels. i put a 3in BL in my 01 with a 1-3 shackle and adjusted t-bars. ive gone through about 3 axels per side and i have lowered the shackle and the t-bars. take in to consideration that once you touch the t-bars it changes the pitch of the cv axels to the front diff.

Quick Reply: do many ways to lift? which one?