Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Ebay Shackles

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Sturg is on a distinguished road
Default Ebay Shackles

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SHACK...Q5fAccessories

Looking for 2 inch shackles. What do you guys think of these. IMO I think the ones from autozone and what not look cheap and flimsy and these look a little better.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:42 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

those would work good. lol the advance auto ones work good too but everyone one here is against them so if you aren't tight on money these are probably a better investment but I've had my advance auto shackles on since october and do some heavy 4 wheelin haven't had a problem with them

Old 02-11-2010, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
those would work good. lol the advance auto ones work good too but everyone one here is against them so if you aren't tight on money these are probably a better investment but I've had my advance auto shackles on since october and do some heavy 4 wheelin haven't had a problem with them

How much of a lift did they give you

also I love your truck it's sort of the look I'm going for. How much did you crank the Tbar? and have you gone through any front end parts?

Old 02-11-2010, 10:50 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I got almost 3" out of the back and I cranked the tbars as far as they would go. I've been driving with my tbars cranked for probably a good 7500 miles and I haven't had to replace anything. If I remember correctly the back measured about 36" from the ground to the top of the fender in the back and 34 3/4" in the front. that was when I had my 235s. my 31's still rubbed a little bit, but thats because I have 15x8 rims with 4.5" backspacing. if you keep the stock rims the 31's shouldnt rub

Old 02-11-2010, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
I got almost 3" out of the back and I cranked the tbars as far as they would go. I've been driving with my tbars cranked for probably a good 7500 miles and I haven't had to replace anything. If I remember correctly the back measured about 36" from the ground to the top of the fender in the back and 34 3/4" in the front. that was when I had my 235s. my 31's still rubbed a little bit, but thats because I have 15x8 rims with 4.5" backspacing. if you keep the stock rims the 31's shouldnt rub

Ok I'm guessing you used the third hole in the shackles. If I'm thinking of the right ones, they're like silver and have 3 holes to choose from. Would you get 2 inches from the second hole, and I'm planning on doing the 2 inch shackles and tbar 1.5'' just to be safe, then saving up for a PA 2'' body lift and tires just to make sure not to rub, I don't feel like cutting stuff up, I'm only 17 lol.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:15 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

the shackles you linked are the shackles i own. i digs em

the autozone ones get a bad wrap because they come across as light and cheesey by comparisson...but so do the OEM ones...

i had an alignment following my t bar (+1.5") and i was in the red on a number of my specs.... i also blew a cv boot and blew my p side dry of grease before replacing both cvs last summer...

i would say play it safe and dont go higher than 2" on the t bar. but you never know how your vehicle will respond to cranking the hell out of it until you try....

Old 02-12-2010, 02:44 AM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

i got my shackles from autozone but i welded some pieces in them to make them much stronger then painted them. 20$ and mine are just as good as the ebay ones.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:36 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Funny...I seem to remember reading bad things about the autozone ones. Something about them not being very good quality? Although I've never been to an autozone, so I can't really speak from experience.
Those ones linked in the OP look good to me. I've seen weaker looking ones, so I don't see and issue with those. It's right on par with the pricing I've been looking at.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Beginning Member
dirtydave is on a distinguished road

those are the ones ive got as well, havent had any problems with them

Old 02-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Ryanmatt135 is an unknown quantity at this point

can anyone post some pics of these shackles installed please. may be doing these same shackels if i dont like how the 2" add-a-leafs look

Quick Reply: Ebay Shackles