Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

finally took some pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 01:15 AM
cyukio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default finally took some pictures

sorry i dontknow how to install these correctly....maybe someone can help. anyway the first one is with a 2" body installed only. the second one is with the body and the 3.5 fabtech spindle and add a leaf. the third and fourth ones are of me trying to install the 15x10" pro comps with 30x11.50 swamper sx's. it didnt fit. i guess its 29s for me. pictures might be too small sorry i dont know how to post up the actual pictures.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:41 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: finally took some pictures

i think the problem might be the 15x10 wheel and 30x11.5 tire. most 30" tires are 30x9.5...also i was under the impression thatits possible to fit 31's with just a body lift... 29's would have fit w/o any lift.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:02 PM

i know most tires would fit with my lift but i want the 15x10s and there lies my probem. sucks to be me

Old 10-20-2007, 08:10 PM
Verno will become famous soon enough

Do you happen to know the backspacing on your wheels?

Old 10-20-2007, 10:13 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah, with the lift you have you should be able to fit 31x10.5 tires probably even 32x11.5 tires. The other problem might lie in your running boards if you were going with the 31-32" tires.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:56 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

the wheel looks to be about 4" wider than the truck so they are probably fairly close to oem backspacing. i could be wrong

Old 10-20-2007, 11:26 PM

i dont know the backspacing of the rims but with the 30x11.50 tires i would have to have alot of metal which sucks because looking at the lift you would think it would clear. ill put on the 29x10.50 and see how that works. i know for sure that if i run the 15x8s i could fit a bigger tire than the 29s but i like the deeper look of the 10s.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:38 AM
BF Veteran

well i guess it all depends on if you like the look of bigger tires, or the look of deeper wheels

Old 10-21-2007, 01:04 PM

sucks that you cant have both with our type of trucks. if i could lift it higher to fit both trust me at this point i would. but theres not that much companies that make lift products for our trucks. i know i could get at least 2" more out of my truck by buying a 2" lift coil and shackles but if its not going to make a difference why bother right. dont wanna do that if i still cant fit the 15x10s.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:15 PM
BF Veteran

its unfair how much easier it is to lift a 2wd than a 4wd....the coils/shackles might allow you to fit the 15x10 wheels

Quick Reply: finally took some pictures