Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

6 inch superlift lift kit questions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 11:51 PM
Beginning Member
Geeboss is on a distinguished road
Default 6 inch superlift lift kit questions?

Hi new here I have a 6 inch superlift lift kit I got and put it all on and it came with upper control arms. Well the new control arms are making my camber way off I need like another inch and a half to get it to straighten out. Was wondering if anybody else ran into this problem and if they did what did they do? Put stock upper control arms on or did you find one from rough country or bds. Could you also send me a link. I'm looking to do a little off roading not a lot pretty much just a pavement princess. This is all so on a 2000 Chevy zr2. Please help me out.

Last edited by Geeboss; 03-30-2019 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Adding question that might help me out
Old 03-30-2019, 12:25 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I'm not too sure with your lift kit, but if you didnt align the torsion keys on the same way, it throws it all off... me be off 1/6

Old 03-30-2019, 09:14 AM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

What lift kit do you have? All the superlift kits I've seen don't come with new control arms, and don't fit the ZR2 models. I was under the impression that the superlift 6" kit was similar to my rough country 6" kit, that used the stock control arms, just with drop brackets

Old 03-30-2019, 11:18 AM
Beginning Member

I believe it's a 6 inch super lift I got it from my buddy and sorry didn't mean to put zr2 should I just go buy stock Control arms or get the ones at advance? They are Moog control arms.

Old 03-30-2019, 08:30 PM
BF Veteran

Have you tried contacting superlift and asking them about the issue? Are you 100% certain those control arms are supposed to be with that kit?

Rough country sells a 2.5" lift kit with new control arms. The 6" uses stock. As far as I know you can't put the 2.5" control arms with the 6" lift. Won't work.

The pictures of the 6" superlift kit I see online don't show it coming with control arms

Old 03-30-2019, 08:59 PM
Beginning Member

I asked my buddy and he don't remember if they came with the kit I'm just going to go purchase stock ones thanks for help and sorry for all the thread my phone keeps freezing on this site and I go back and try to leave and it post another one

Old 03-30-2019, 09:17 PM
BF Veteran

Gotcha. Every now and then this site is slow to load for me, as well.

You could probnaly snag some stock control arms at a junk yard for a lot cheaper than the new moogs, but you'll be out time as opposed to money.

Either way, when you get the new stock control arms on, get an alignment and let us know if that solved the issue

Old 03-30-2019, 09:30 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks and will do I'll send a pic tomorrow of it.

Old 03-31-2019, 07:21 AM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't purchase the Moog stock ones. I would put new bushing and a ball joint in the stock one. You can get better parts as you get true Moog stuff and multiple people make ball joints to fit the opening. I called Moog about the ball joints in the arms for my wife GMC Envoy and they told me that they didn't know what ball joint was in it and it may not have the standard opening.

They have those made in China to complete with the cheap ones.

Just my two cents worth and you overpaid.

Old 03-31-2019, 07:25 AM
BF Veteran

OP, did the truck come with the lift already on it, or did you install the lift? If you installed it, don't you still have the stock control arms? Why go and buy new, if you have the stock ones you just took off?

Quick Reply: 6 inch superlift lift kit questions?