Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

front suspesion lift

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 07:22 AM
watsonmt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default front suspesion lift

i know there is a thread were someone mentioned this a little while ago but i cant find it now... i was just wondering if anyone has made there own front end suspension lift. im just wondering what all there is to one. im a good welder and i make alot of things but im just looking for some ideas or opinions to it.

well i was reading up on some lifts you buy and it looks like i would need to fab some drop brackets for the control arms, front diff, lower the center link. and i don't see it mentioned but would you need to drop the torsion bar rear mounting cross member as well? this is all there right now i just want to plan it out and it would be something i might want to try this summer.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Starting Member
SockJock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: front suspesion lift

I'd go with a bolt in kit even if you are an expert welder. The kit already has everything you need plus you'll know that your susp. geometry will all be right.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:42 AM

if i had that kind of money i would but im a budget builder and i never buy anything i can build even if it dosnt work at least i tried and learned some stuff on the way. i might just go with a sfa swap anyway. just looking for any ideas people might have.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Starting Member
SockJock is an unknown quantity at this point

If you could find someone who has a susp. lift kit that hasn't been installed yet you could copy dimensions, etc and get a much better idea of what is needed. Or you could go ahead and do the sfa. The sfa might be easier. It really depends on what you want to do with your ride and how much lift you want plus what size tires you want to run.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:21 AM

ya that would be ideal but none of the blazers around here are lifted other than crappy body lifts. if anyone on here has one that isnt on and wouldnt mind makeing up some rough measurements that would be great. thanks guys