Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Is this a good product for a lift?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 02:39 PM
bigmatt1 is on a distinguished road
Default Is this a good product for a lift?

http://wheelsnparts.com/product_info...5umtb1ei1rlii5

also would i need an upper control arm with an amgle to relieve stress on ball joints?

Old 07-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Keys are a waste of time and money regardless if factory or aftermarket reindexed 1.5" is best you can get from a torsion bar tweak without replacing other parts often, shackles are definitely a good idea to lift the rear and can be had on ebay for about $50 (3leaffab is a common choice)

Old 07-28-2010, 03:44 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

agreed. stock keys will lift your truck to a safe level. shackles can lift the rear but also add-a-leafs will also raise the rear. shackles are cheaper but inspection laws in some states are strict about the length of shackles. I would suggest getting add-a-leafs the lift 1-2.5" depending on the brand.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:13 PM
sIcK dAiLy DrIvEr! is on a distinguished road

i bought a set of procomp add a leafs from summit racing and it was only like 34.99 plus shipping. it raised the rear of my truck almost 2.5 inches. cheap and easy to do urself. depending on ur experience level.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:19 PM

Its funny cuz so many people got the aftermarket keys. And by me putting them with some upper control arms angled for reduced wear on ball joints and shafts then i would think thats the way to go. Now i can jus turn the little screws on the keys and put shackles but then i would have to spend more money on ball joints and stuff. So if you think about it, your actually spending more money to get your front end fixed because you wanted to save a little cash.

Oh and where i live, everybody and their momma has a lifted 4 wheel drive truck so the cops wont do us anything at all. And for that matter i can just go to oreilly auto parts and get a pair of cheap shackles and get braces welded on them at work for strength and durability. Then crank my tbar.. I rather not replace my front end components too often. Not to say that you guys had all kind of problems or will have alot of problems. I wont say you might get lucky and may never have to worry about changing your parts because some people might not drive their blazer often whereas others such as myself drive their blazers everyday.

With that being said, i want good ride quality amd want my lift to be reliable and not break on me.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:42 PM
BF Veteran

rough county makes a kit that comes with the upper control arm and there are a bunch of people on here who have the lift. Even with the control arm front end parts need to be replaced. lifting your blazer more than 1.5" with the torsion keys creates many problems.
1. cv joints
2. ball joints
3. tires (impossible to align properly which may result in a poor ride)

even with the "kit" there are still problems actually probably worse than cranking the stock bars. what a lot of people do on here is the 1.5" tbar crank and then a body lift which is almost 4" of lift without sacrificing front end parts life spans. I would know I had my tbars cranked the whole way and went through both cv axles 2 upper ball joints and a set of tires in 6 months. Now I have it lifted 1.5" and new tires aligned. so when you say going cheap is a waste of money, going expensive isn't any better

Old 07-29-2010, 06:32 AM

How long have u been driving it since u cranked the bars 1.5 inches and what have you replaced since then? And is there a noticeable ride change?

Old 07-29-2010, 09:55 AM
BF Veteran

the only noticeable thing is that my tires rub when I'm off roading. it doesn't shake on the highway anymore since my wheels are aligned now. but what happens when you lift past 1.5" is the camber gets so bad it can't be corrected, then your tires wear unevenly and it feels like the front is shaking. I've been going on 1.5" for 3 months now and my tires are wearing evenly

Old 07-29-2010, 12:14 PM

Good so now i need to read up on how easy it is to mess with the tbars. I have the body lift already but jus waitin to get some money so i can put it on. So all i needa do now is get them shackles. Would taller shocks give my ride a lil lift?

Old 07-29-2010, 01:09 PM
BF Veteran

no but they will help off road your axle will be able to travel further

Quick Reply: Is this a good product for a lift?