Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

got my PA lift and tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Beginning Member
Red03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default got my PA lift and tires

Well i got my 2" PA body lift and tires in (finally after about 5 weeks from 4wheelparts) and opened up the lift and wow. looks complicated. i dont want to mess anything up. i lifted my buddies jeep and was easy but his wasnt so bad. im looking for any tips or anything to make it easier. im sure there are little things to do that are not in the directions that will make some things easier. any help is appreciated. thanks alot.......also about how long will this most likely take me, i know its differnt for everyone but im pretty mechanical but just felt overwealmed. thanks a lot

Old 08-03-2008, 10:05 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: got my PA lift and tires

Thought you were selling these?

Old 08-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Beginning Member
Red03 is an unknown quantity at this point

i am if someone wants them. was thinking about putting them on and selling the whole truck though if i dont get any offers on the kit/wheels and tires though

Old 08-04-2008, 03:00 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I consider myself mechanically inclined...and with my bro helping, and using air tools, it took us two full days to put the BL on. I needed the morning of a 3rd day to clean up and fit my brush guard. The directions suck, and about the first half of the install is just unhooking lines/cables/clips. Most of the de-clipping is unneccesary IMO, but you definitely need to unhook the drivers brake lines from the UCA, and the main ground strap at the passenger side firewall.

Honestly I don't think I would attempt a driveway install of the BL without air tools and a helper..

Old 08-04-2008, 11:19 AM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a 4X4 shop that is very close to where i live, im sorta mechanical. Shoulld i just have them install it?

Old 08-04-2008, 01:26 PM
basketballmail2 is an unknown quantity at this point

if you have the money I'd let them install it, if they mess something up it's on them.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:14 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Its not neccesarily hard to install...it just takes time. The biggest obstacles are some bolts are in tight places (no room to swing a socket), or on EXTREMELY tight. A few of the body mount bolts I had to break loose with a 5/8 drive and 2.5 ft of pipe on the end.

4 Wheel Parts by me has book cost at $500 for a BL install on 98-03 blazers.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:04 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine took a 4x4 shop 9 hours to install w/ two guys working on it. IMO I would never do this in a drive way if you dont have the experience. Or if you are feeling froggy go for it. Good luck either way.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:07 AM
navyblue_sk8er is an unknown quantity at this point

I did mine myself in the driveway in two days with regular tools (in AZ heat). Its all easy stuff for the most part. As said before, just mainly time consuming stuff. But I guess you could easly call me machanically inclined.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:27 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Now I feel like body lifting my truck but I dont wanna get new winter tires. lol...

Quick Reply: got my PA lift and tires