Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Gots a few questions for guys

Old 11-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Beginning Member
dirtydave is on a distinguished road
Default Gots a few questions for guys

So i almost sold my truck, but the buyer backed out and im keeping it. It already has a 2 inch body lift but thats really not enough. Im going to order the RC 2 inch suspensions lift here soon. They recommend a steering stabilizer with the kit, do i need this?

Also im running 31s with plenty of room right now, with the extra 2 inchs of lift will i be able to fit 33x12.5?

If i can run 33s when i make my order im going to go ahead and get my cragar soft 8s as well, what is the proper backspacing for a 15x10 running 33x12.5x15 tires.

Im not sure if this is the right spot for this post but i think its pretty close to right. Any recommendations and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:40 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Here's an idea for you. Instead of wasting all that money on a 2" suspension lift, why don't you spend $60 and pick up a set of 2" shackles. Then you can crank your torsion bars and achieve that extra 2" of lift for less then 1/2 the price. 2" suspension lifts aren't worth it. They're super expensive and involved for what you get.
If you are set on getting the SL though you should be able to fit those tires. With the cragar rims 6" backspacing would be standard for a 4x4 Blazer. Unfortunately they don't make Cragars with 6" backspacing. The closest thing is 4.75" BS If I'm not mistaken.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Sisk
Here's an idea for you. Instead of wasting all that money on a 2" suspension lift, why don't you spend $60 and pick up a set of 2" shackles. Then you can crank your torsion bars and achieve that extra 2" of lift for less then 1/2 the price. 2" suspension lifts aren't worth it. They're super expensive and involved for what you get.
If you are set on getting the SL though you should be able to fit those tires. With the cragar rims 6" backspacing would be standard for a 4x4 Blazer. Unfortunately they don't make Cragars with 6" backspacing. The closest thing is 4.75" BS If I'm not mistaken.
i thought about doing it like that, the only reason i was leaning towards the SL is because it comes with new shocks, new upper control arm and ball joints, i was figuring at 85000 miles it would be a good idea to go ahead and replace those things, but ill definately put some more thought into it, im not one to waste money when its not needed

Old 11-27-2009, 09:54 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

If you have the money available to you then I'd go with a bigger SL. Like I said you don't normally see the 2" ones since 2" of lift can be achieved in other ways for a lot less money. If it were me (which it's not, the decision is totally up to you) I'd go the route of shackles and then save up for a 6" super lift.
Also, remember the golden rule don't fix it if it ain't broke. No need to replace all that stuff if you aren't having issues with it

Old 11-27-2009, 10:33 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I dont know about 33's with just 4 inches of lift though... you'll have some major trimming to do. If it's 33s you want, go with the 6" lift, with 4" you'll be able to get 32's under there though if I'm not mistaken.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:43 AM
BF Veteran

33s might fit. I didn't notice you were looking at 33x12.5's though. I don't think you will be fitting those under there. The width will be a problem.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Beginning Member

yea i want to stick with mt baja claws and i think that the 33s only come in a 12.5, id love to go with the 6 inch lift but it costs so damn much, i guess i might just do the 2 inch shackle tb lift and stick with 31s for now, if its possible to get the 33x12.5s with trimming i would definately try it, i just dont want to order tires and not be able to run them, i need to do something though im way to low for the trails ive been going down, i dont know how i havent broken anything yet with how much ive bottomed out

Old 11-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Beginning Member

so does anyone have a link or a recomendation for the best place to order these shackles

Old 11-27-2009, 01:15 PM
BF Veteran

ebay. Just search for 2" shackles for whatever your truck is. BTW - I just noticed you didn't mention what type of truck yours is. It's a good idea to post up your vehicle info in your sig so we can help you with tech problems or anything.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:22 PM
NovaCaine13 is on a distinguished road

Hey Guys i got a question. i Have a STOCK 1996 Gmc Jimmy with 235/75/15 on it. i wanna get some Bf Goodrich all terrian t/a 31/10.5/15 will they fit??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gots a few questions for guys