Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Has anyone tried these??

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Beginning Member
duvall45 is on a distinguished road
Default Has anyone tried these??

I found these at autozone. I like the idea of being able to adjust them so I can see what different sizes look like without buying several pair. They look like they are weak compared to some of the other ones I have seen. I don't off road so they would probably be fine for me. Just wondering if anyone has used them.
Thanks

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...ior+Automotive

Old 08-06-2009, 06:10 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

i know a few guys have used them. They are very week though. I would recommend buying two kits and doubling them up on each side. Then used the extra bolts in the unused holes

Old 08-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Beginning Member

They have other ones listed also but they don't look much better. I have to remove the originals to find out which size bolt hole I need.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...Lift/Lower+Kit

Old 08-07-2009, 08:04 AM
Beginning Member
lt170chevelle is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinking about using these myself..but i will proball just cut mine up and extend them..im cheap lol
Plus they do look on the flimsy side..if you got 50 bucks to spend ebay ahs some 2" lift shackles that resemble the stockers in strength

Old 08-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Beginning Member

I don't mind spending the $50 I just like the idea that they are adjustable. I cranked my t-bars to lift the front and want to lift the back a little but like to keep it fairly level. Can't make up my mind over 1.5" or 2" shackles that's where the adjustable ones would work great!

Old 08-07-2009, 04:54 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

the front of stock blazers sits about 1.5-2" lower than the rear so if you cranked your tbars 1.5" you should be sitting almost level now so adding shackles would give you a rake again. if your set on getting shackles tho i would go with the 2".

Old 08-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Starting Member
Swain is an unknown quantity at this point

If you don't want to crank your Tbars anymore(and I wouldn't advise it) then I would either go with a 1.5" shackle or even a 1" if you can find/make a set. The lift shackles on ebay are actually a whole lot stronger then factory, the OEM shackles are actually quite flimsy and thin. I believe 3leaffab offers 1" shackles if they are still around/have stock.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:12 AM
Starting Member
one.shot.one.kill. is an unknown quantity at this point

I just purchased these and put them on my blazer, gave me about two inches of lift in the rear on the third hole and haven't had a problem with them yet. I was figuring I would buy these considering they were only 20 bucks and buy the nice ones from synergy but i'm pretty convinced that im just going to keep these.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:47 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

I'd like to do a small lift myself one day. If I recall, someone here mentioned that 2" shackles results in a 1" lift, so that's my aim. Together with a tbar crank of 1" should be ok.

Only problem I'm facing is maybe my fender flares, which are wider than the the US trucks may mean I need to go higher to fit 31" tyres - or, increase my back spacing from the 4" I currently run to 5" of my spare set.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
I'd like to do a small lift myself one day. If I recall, someone here mentioned that 2" shackles results in a 1" lift, so that's my aim. Together with a tbar crank of 1" should be ok.

Only problem I'm facing is maybe my fender flares, which are wider than the the US trucks may mean I need to go higher to fit 31" tyres - or, increase my back spacing from the 4" I currently run to 5" of my spare set.
I didn't realize that 2" shackles was only 1" lift. That's good to know.

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried these??